Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:16am - Apr 3,16 
I made up my mind early in the week that this was going to be my inaugural Fox run for 2016. The weather forecast was depressing but didn't deter me. I bundled up Saturday morning and headed west at first light. The river is high, muddy and, I would imagine, a bit chillier that it was a few days ago. I got on the board pretty quickly despite the conditions.

That fish hit not long before sun up. It snowed pretty much the whole time I was out. The howling wind made it pretty miserable and my layers were ultimately inadequate for a long outing. I pulled the plug after about two hours and three fish, only one photo worthy. I was the idiot that was knee deep in the river in this:

Sunday I headed further south for a second go at it. The winds weren't an issue this time and I was plenty warm except for my hands. Wee bit 'o ice in me guides:

Had a few more bites this time. Lost a couple, landed four, mostly under 12". Did get this girl on a Rapala shad rap in Helsinki shad, my favorite pattern.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:48am - Apr 3,16 
some nice fish man

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:04am - Apr 3,16 
nice catches . always struggle with spring bass in cold weather . smallies are my personal favorite local fish to fish for and release .

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:52pm - Apr 3,16 
Jmdog, if there was a medal for fishing heroism, I would write your recommendation. It had to be brutal with the stiff wind and, as always, you find a way to get them to bite.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:29pm - Apr 3,16 
Nice! Whats that moray looking thing on its side?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:28pm - Apr 3,16 
It was just a weed or something :) I didn't see it until I was releasing it. I'm definitely sick of toughing out the weather chuck. Ready for some comfortable fishing weather. Although then the bugs are not far behind :cuss

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:55pm - Apr 4,16 
Thanks for the post!

Flows are still 3 times higher than I'm comfortable wading at my usual spot, but may look for some water where I can get some casting in this weekend. I saw the water temp is up to about 46F now, hopefully that's enough to wake them up.

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: