Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:48pm - Oct 30,15 
Had a great afternoon on the river today. Got wet about 4pm, first fish at 5pm after losing something hefty. Thought I was snagged, then started feeling the fight, probably a channel cat, but got off. That started a trend for the day. I didn't count, but I'm certain I hooked and played before losing at least as many as I brought to hand, frustrating.

First fish was a 13", followed by a bruiser I got a real good look at before it shook off at my feet. I'm confident it would've been my best fish of the year, oh well!

Waded to a downed tree pile and in three consecutive casts, hooked up with three smallies all about the same size. I landed the third, 14".

Making my way back at sundown, I hooked into one last fish, felt really good, but it snagged me into a burlap bag floating downstream. Trying to unsnag my lure from the fish from the bag, I ended up snapping a foot off my favorite light action BPS rod, damn!

Oh well, a good day out, 50 degrees and sunny. Landed eight fish, mostly in the 10"-12" range, but hey, I'll take 'em!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:20pm - Oct 30,15 
Good to here the smallies are hitting ! Also, bass pro will usualy exchange there house brand products if you take it in. The worst they can do is say no ut the rarely do.
Good fishing.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:56am - Oct 31,15 
Good advice about BPS, I'd forgotten they do that.

Also, how much longer does the fall feeding frenzy last? i assume it depends on water temperature, or is that correct?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:20am - Nov 1,15 
Very nice indeed! Yeah BPS is good about swapping out rods which is why I use mostly their brand for my sticks.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:20pm - Feb 24,16 
BPS will replace like for like but if it is no longer sold they give you a similar product for thier cost. Exchanged 2, 10 ball bearing reels for 2 similar featured for 10 bucks each. Not bad.

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: