Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:31pm - May 7,20 
Went out for 2 hours, 1 in the morning, 1 in the evening. First cast before I can get my 2nd rod baited and in the water, fish on. 5-6lber, that seems to be about the average. After that nothing, not even a bite. In the pm took the kids with, same start. 1st cast, fish on another carp, maybe a little bigger. After that we had four more bites and all of them got away. The last one was operator error. As we were packing up I had a bite, it happened as I was securing the line to the rod, and as the fish bit I dropped the pole and the lines ended up getting tangled. The knot that occurred was more elaborate then anything I could have tied. My wife was trying to get them untangled as my 4 year old and I were trying to hand line the fish. It was what you might call a sh-t show. Anyway the fish broke us off, which sucked because it was the biggest one I've hooked so far. Still a good day to be out. Mops

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:10pm - May 8,20 
Nice report - sounds like you are getting into them good.

My buddy swears by elbow noodles threaded on a small hook for carp, I've never tried it so cannot vouch for its effectiveness.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:55pm - May 8,20 
Just curious, what are you using for bait? We have a fair amount of carp in my pond and would like to get the kids on one or two of them when they are feeling strong.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:42pm - May 8,20 
Just using corn. Nothing elaborate. Hook, split shot 12-18 inches up, and 5-6 pieces of corn. Cast it out and let it sit. I haven't chummed at all, but that might help in a lake. I'm no carp expert, just been in the right spot at the right time, Good luck.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:03pm - May 8,20 
Also keep the drag loose. I've had to loosen mine from what I would have it with bass fishing. I had two break offs.

Support Staff

Post Posted: 05:44pm - May 8,20 
Try a jello-breadcrumb-corn pack bait, they go crazy for it!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:37pm - May 9,20 
I'll give it a try. I've been doing a little more research on carp fishing and that seems to be a popular bait. Thanks.

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: