Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:31pm - Feb 19,17 
Been out four times this month and have managed bites each time. I'm averaging better than 2.5 fish per hour, I wish it was always like that during the cold part of the season :) The month started a bit chilly but as I type this, it is 60 degrees. Good old rock bass, I can always rely on them even in the coldest of water. From colder days on the west branch:

All east branch this morning and it was a whole different story. Fish were active and aggressive. First light and I was on the board immediately throwing Gulp on light jigs. Never donned a jacket as the sweatshirt was plenty warm. Medium cranking a red craw Shad Rap on a deep outside bend bagged four nice smallies once the sun warmed up the water a bit in the later morning. I don't even need to look back at my records to know this is the earliest I've caught fish on crankbaits.

Nice to not be bundled up. It restricts movement. This is an all day fishing marathon if you have the time.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:25pm - Feb 19,17 
Nice pics. Thanks for the report.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:49pm - Feb 20,17 
Nice job as always! You have that river dialed in. I was down at Channahon this morning and smelled like skunk after that trip.

Go Big Red!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:04pm - Feb 25,17 
Kept the Rapala SR05 tied on to ride out the warm weather and got out for a couple sessions for the last hour of light after work. It worked like a charm until I lost it to a mystery fish on a vicious strike. Happened very fast. I had just retied and was using 30lb braid so I have no idea what it may have been. Any other river and I would be sure it was a bite off. Still may have been as there are definitely a few toothy critters lurking around.

Hopefully the Dupage monster can shake the lip ring :cuss

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 06:43am - Feb 26,17 
Multi species...........mean you know what is going on in those waters. Very good job JM

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:51pm - Mar 9,17 
With the water being cold, I would think that a crank bait would be too fast in the water to trigger a bite. Rather a jig and grub would slow the bait to allow the more lethargic fish to give it a shot.

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: