Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:41pm - Sep 25,16 
Was able to get out on Sunday for a trip. What a great time! Ended up with 15 fish with the biggest coming in right around 13 and 14 inches (Had a tough time measuring and holding the paddle so it might be a little off). Had many more fish that I missed which would have really increased the count if I had hooked more successfully.

Lures of the day were 5 inch senkos rigged wacky and 3 inch white grubs on a 1/8 oz jighead.

The river is VERY weed filled in points so anyone looking to shore fish might have a difficult time. Most areas with easy access were terribly weed filled.

*This one was a super lucky catch. Happened to see some carp cruising and threw the bait at them as a joke. The fish must have been following them looking for scraps. Hit like a truck!

*Got this guy right on that weed line that can be seen in the photo. Was actually grabbing my tackle box to hook a different bait on when he hit the bait still sitting in the water.

*This picture you can really see how bad the weeds are in the bottom right. Didn't even need to anchor my kayak. Just parked on top of them.

For all you carp fishermen, there was a ton of carp activity on the river in terms of feeding.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:24am - Sep 26,16 
Really nice fish. You gear fishermen are getting the smallies to bite. While wading, I have found the smallies hiding among the clumps of grass and inadvertently scared a few nice fish of which I thought would be in the current versus off in the slow water.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:47pm - Sep 26,16 
Yes sir, that's how it's done. Nice little outing, especially for the low, clear water.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:07pm - Sep 28,16 
I like how you show the measurements. A 13" bass is pretty big which is obvious from the pictures I always wonder when people say they caught 17-20" bass and when posing they look the same size as yours.

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: