Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:57am - Jul 10,16 
Saw it first hand, yesterday. My son, his son ad I went to the riverwalk in Naperville in did a couple hour's fishing. While grandson and grandpa didn't get a nibble, my son Pete had the touch and his first catch was should be a 4 pound channel cat caught on a wad of bread. We were out mainly for the carp of which was his second fish. Paul and I tried to copy Pete's fishing method (small hook, wad of bread and no weight whatsoever) but I guess we had neither the touch nor the luck. He followed up with some small bullheads before ending our day. As he said, later, only one of us had to wash his hands.

But the catfish are in there, waiting to be caught. BTW, the Rosen's hamburger buns got an "A" for not falling apart while on the hook.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 02:11pm - Jul 10,16 
Chuck

The fries from Burger King on Washington St. will also get the job done, for both carp and channel cats at that spot. When the fish weren't biting, it was always nice to have the kids be able to eat the bait. :D

Tom

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:44am - Jul 11,16 
With an 8-year old boy, any matter of food goes down his throat. Even plain Wonderbread after awhile outside. I think that any really big cats would migrate to deep pools with cover overhead. I caught one, in the east branch, that probably measured near the 2-1/2 foot or larger. It was thin so the food supply must have been scarce. I threw a weighted grub near some sunken trees and it hit once the grub passed out of view.
While at the gym, I met another older fellow who grew up in Naperville. He said that they caught pike in the riverwalk area and that all the ponds were loaded with large (Can I say this grammatically?) largemouth.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:11am - Jul 11,16 
Lol. Yeah they're in there. I spotted a flathead a few years ago too. I would imagine there are some monsters swimming around in there somewhere.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:39pm - Jul 12,16 
Very cool!

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: