Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:18am - May 27,16 
I just shore fished, yesterday evening, for about an hour since the river was roiled and murky and running swiftly. Nothing interesting; a few small smallies, a crappie and a nice sized bluegill. Regarding the crappie, I always thought that they traveled in schools so my catchign one would lead to more. I have caught crappie before but they were again the odd fish. One here; one there.
Maybe it is me and my bait. Yesterday, I had a few light bites which may have been their signature.
Maybe I should try a different bait.
What I am wondering about is their population in the duper.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:39am - May 31,16 
Crappie scatter more in the summer.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:26pm - May 31,16 
about 20 years ago I fished the Dupage many times around the Shorewood area North to Plainfield. Caught plenty of crappie around the log jams and bridge supports, anything that would break the current and the shade overhead from the road also helped. 1/16 oz chartruese jig 18" under a float. look for eddies and other ambush points.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:04pm - May 31,16 
Thanks for the tip, Gary. I will need to try that. I have floated a nymph in the same manner (or a humpy) using a small bobber on the ultralight. I mainly took creek chubs and bluegills. I was thinking of using Gulp Minnows but they are just plain nasty with that kind of vinegary odor (almost makes one opt not to catch fish). But they do work on ponds of which I fished.

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: