Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:21am - Nov 29,15 
Flood conditions be damned. I headed out this morning before sun up looking for sixteen fish to reach the century mark for the month of November. The way the morning started it looked like it was going to be a banner outing. Before the sun was fully over the horizon I had four fish landed with two more that shook free.

Unfortunately, too many of my highwater spots were inaccessible with the water levels. I hit a rough hour long stretch with only a few missed taps. A lot of it was my own fault as I was slow to adjust but after the early flurry of action, I kept doing what was working when I got there. Finally, I switched to a 1/4 oz jig for the last half hour, working it slower and deeper, and brought my last two bites to hand.

The bite was far more lethargic than a couple days ago. I half assed a couple of hooksets and lost both fish because I didn't recognize the tap as a bite and thought it was floating debris. The fish were giving slow motion lumbering headshakes when hooked too.

Didn't make my 100 for the month but averaged an even 5 fish per hour on the month which is an astonishing catch rate for quality bass any time of the year. That catch per hour number was exceeded only by spring crappies for me this year.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:19pm - Nov 29,15 
Thanks, jmdog. If I was not depressed, I am now. I too went out, yesterday, from 2 to about 4:15, on the west branch by Dorothea Weigand park. I thought I might catch a few fish in that pond into which the Duper feeds and any other nearby slow water spots. Using jigs and white twister tail grubs, I managed to haul up some tree branches and dead leaves and other gunk. Doing so, I added 3 grub jigs to the river bottom before going home. Not a bite.
But, serously, you did good giving us minions hope.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:25pm - Nov 29,15 
You're crushing it! The czar of the duper.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:19pm - Nov 30,15 
Nice fish! Should have some more great days coming! I can't wait to get out this weekend!

Fishing the Winnebago chain and everywhere North!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:14am - Dec 2,15 
jm

hook sets are free, when in doubt set has served me well for decades . I'd rather set the hook on a leaf than miss a fish, especially in cooler/colder water .

Adapt, overcome. improvise

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:19pm - Dec 2,15 
Yeah seems pretty basic doesn't it? :) I still make rookie mistakes on occasion.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:29pm - Dec 2,15 
we all make mistakes , learning from mistakes makes us better. you are doing quite well for yourself, keep it up .

Adapt, overcome. improvise

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: