Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:33pm - Nov 6,15 
https://mail.aol.com/webmail-std/en-us/suite
DuPage Fly Fishing store on Naperville rd and about Ogden has a fly fishign show, this Sunday. One of the speakers will discuss river smallmouth bass fishing. The show will be from about 10am to 4pm.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:46am - Nov 9,15 
Well, I gave the incorrect web (asked the moderators to remove my email but that did not happen) but anybdy could have found the DuPage fly fishing site. I visited the show and there were some interesting booths for guide services and equipment. Went to hear the lectures and Patrick from PJ Guide Services gave an in-depth view of fishing in the Driftless Area. I was disappointed in the 11:45 lecture titled Smallmouth Fishing in Rivers, Creeks, ... because I was hopingthat the fellow would discuss leaders (lengths, strengths) and more of the technicalities. It was more of a Tenkara discussion (13 ft pole and attached line. It was okay but a little too specialized. The show also had free casting lessons on the grss outside.
A large number of fly tiers and I should have brought one of my wooly buggers to see if I could get them in another color pattern more resembling the crayfish in the DuPage. Well, I will remember next year.
In all, it was worth the short ride.

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: