Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:16pm - Sep 25,15 
I have been taking a few hours, here and there, to wet a line in the west branch on Naperville's Riverwalk. I was just not into donning the waders and figured a change would be interesting. I went out Monday and the river was really flowing but caught a few small ones in the eddies. I went out there, this afternoon, and using the ultralight and the Chompers worm and a small split shot, I again managed to catch a bunch but limited myself to only taking the smaller ones (if you can believe that) and only one in the 12" range. Stayed there for about 2 hours, met a nice young man also fishing, and had a relaxing time.
Next time, I go with the bread for carp.
Gotta love the part poopers---the ducks which float into your area of fishing, just quacking away and looking for a handout.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:37am - Sep 27,15 
It's nice not getting all geared up and just being able to talk around in shorts with a small box and light rod. And ice cream awaits only a short walk away if you skunk :D

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:51pm - Sep 27,15 
Yesterday, the weather was beautiful so I took the fly rod and donned the waders and hit the west branch in Naperville. It started out like any other time, catching little ones but admiring the river.
Then, things started to go south. It began with the kayakers. I know that they have equal rights to the river and 99.9% are polite and just float through your pool and give a hello and ask about the fishing. But, I got the .1%. The guy and his wife are passing through in 2 kayaks and the guy passes me without a nod then comes out of his boat and decides to walk through the pool (which is about a tad over 3 feet deep). Well, I said to myself "that ends fishing her for awhile" so I wait awhile and proceed downstream. I switch over to a small black popperand get some hits. Casting here and there, I feel a slight change in the line and notice that the leader (4 lb) snapped. Okay, we all loose equipment so I reach into my vest for the spool of tippett. Nada. I must have left it in the garage as I prepped the line some days ago. I did have the remnant of the tapered leader but the sun was getting low and I thought this is the best time to stop since the leader was much thicker and I was close to an egress point on the river.
That guy still rankles me a little.

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: