Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:29am - Aug 30,15 
The water shot up yesterday from the rains and is a nice chocolate milk color. I cannot stress this enough, these are perfect conditions. Keep the low, clear water, I'll take flow and stain any day. Got out for three hours in the a.m. to find the river on fire. Didn't matter where I was, I fished both the east and west branches three different towns and got multiple quality bites at each stop. Didn't matter what I was using as I tossed a Rapala shad rap in Helsinki shad, BPS crappie crank in white/chartreuse, and a 4" Mister Twister in luminescent and bagged multiple good fish on each. Got bit as soon as I got a line wet.

Had five fish in the first fifteen minutes, then lost four in a row.

Landed fourteen total, probably lost eight more. Only one was less than 12" and ten of them were 14"+. Didn't even have to climb in to wade, all from shore. Hit the Fox yesterday but abandoned it after two hours and nine dinks. The Dupe continues to outclass the Fox for me the past two years.

But it's oh so fun :D

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:42am - Aug 30,15 
Excellent man thanks for the update! I'm finally taking the kayak out on the river tomorrow I got all day to hang out there and I'm hoping to get some results like you do! I'll post a report when I get back and let everybody know if I got the same results! I was honestly thinking about going somewhere else because of the color and the flow but since seeing this post I I'm determined to hit the DuPage!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:49pm - Aug 30,15 
River's falling fast. Hopefully you get enough flow and some good action.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:56pm - Aug 30,15 
Puregerman55 wrote:
Excellent man thanks for the update! I'm finally taking the kayak out on the river tomorrow I got all day to hang out there and I'm hoping to get some results like you do! I'll post a report when I get back and let everybody know if I got the same results! I was honestly thinking about going somewhere else because of the color and the flow but since seeing this post I I'm determined to hit the DuPage!

where are you launching?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:22pm - Aug 30,15 
I'm planning on launching down by Caton Farm Road in Joliet! Hopefully going to target smallmouth, rock bass, catfish if they feel like playing or are in the right spots, and carp if I can get the corn soaking tonight in vanilla! Going to be out there for a long time tomorrow so I'm really excited!

Support Staff

Post Posted: 12:13pm - Aug 31,15 
No Muskies?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:57pm - Aug 31,15 
:lol:

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: