Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:40pm - Aug 6,15 
Looking north of 75th street and Washington Blvd, there is a tree that fell and is lying across the entire width of the river. If one goes to Dorothea Weigand Park, south of 75th street on Washington Blvd, and looks downstream, there is at least a whole tree that has been sitting against the overpass' abutment for many a month.
Just two spots in a very limited area so there must be more. To whom does the respnsibility fall, to clean up these fallen trees to make the river navigable? I hope it doesn't fall to the City of Naperville; one time there was a dead deer lying at the intersection of 75th and Washington for at least two weeks.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:49pm - Aug 7,15 
Call the DuPage County Forest Preserve District office and ask them.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:11am - Aug 16,15 
Yeah, somebody must be responsible for cleaning. The two areas remain unchanged. I would think that the kayak clubs would be raising a fuss since that fallen tree goes from shore to shore.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:25am - Aug 16,15 
I dunno if anyone will do it. There was a big tree that fell right onto one of my fishing holes in 2012 and stayed there until that massive flood in Apr 2013 dislodged it.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:16am - Aug 31,15 
The Corps of Engineers is giving a presentation regarding the modification the east branch river banks in the arboretum so that they are more natural rather than looking like pipes (straight with steep banks), Sept 15th. As an arb volunteer, I will attend the meeting and ask who takes care of cleaning the major debris. As of today, the fallen tree is still blocking the area @ Pioneer Park and the debris that slammed into the overpass is now growing its own weeds.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:22am - Aug 31,15 
I should add that their work will certainly include earth moving so the east branch should be muddy for awhile. This may help jmdog (who likes stained water).

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:54pm - Sep 27,15 
I wrote in my riverwalk thread about the kayaker who walked through the pool which I was fishing. Well, the fallen tree (after many a month) has succumbed to the river's decay. At least when it was all the way across, the kayakers had to portage if they wanted to go downstream. At least that .1% guy in my discussion would probably have not crossed the impasse.

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: