Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:02am - Aug 9,18 
I had couple hours or so to spare this morning before work. Decided to drive south and walk by Knoch Knolls with my telescopic light rod. Vegetation is still high near the river shore so access is restricted for me. Wading is not an option yet given my back pain. Found a few spots around East branch that I could make a cast. Few casts with a white grub on jighead didn't produce anything for 15 minutes. Murky waters and medium flow was calling for something different. Decided to switch to a 1/8 black hair jig and 5 min later got an 18" smallie. It was a big fight with my light pole so I probably scared all the fish around that hole. Walked 1/2 mile down the trail and got another smallie (around 12") using the same black hair jig. Then called it a day (or morning), back to shower and work.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:13pm - Aug 12,18 
She's a beauty, congrats!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:17pm - Aug 13,18 
18"! Wow....that must have been quite a fight. On of those times when I say to myself "Chuck, you should have brought the net". There are some really good spots in the Knoch Knoll area. It's also easy to wade when you are back into it. Not like farther upstream where every small boulder is round, covered with algae and rocks under one's foot.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:27am - Aug 16,18 
A net would help for sure. Strangely, the fish was pretty long but not chubby at all. I think she was practicing river fitness.....

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: