Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:33am - May 13,18 
Finished up my Sophmore year in college yesterday and arrived home with about an hour of light left. With having just enough time to grab Copper from the house, I headed right to the river. I was pretty optimistic before arriving, knowing that the last two times I fished the river upon arriving from school, presented me with a few unexpected surprises.
Surprisingly the water level and clarity wasn’t as bad as I would have expected, with all of the rain we have gotten the past few days. The water was still a bit turned up though, so I decided to stick with my chartruese twister tail. Overall, it was a pretty slow evening with only a few small smallmouth for the first 45 minutes, but Copper was kept entertained by chasing the over 20 deer that we saw throughout our trip.
With the sun starting to set and the temps starting to drop more and more as the sun went down, I was about ready call it a day, but I decided to hit one last hole on my way back to the truck. Sure enough, after a few casts, I was greeted by another one of the elusive fish that have somehow found it’s way into the Dupage. Took a few pictures and sent him back on his way. With being 3/4 on these guys in the last year, hopefully this is a sign that they are naturally reproducing in the Dupage. It would be nice to have more show up in the next few years.
Another great way to start off my time back home and even better being able to make another life long memory with my hunting and fishing buddy.
Looking forward to the fish to be caught on the lake and the river for my three months at home.

Last edited by AJ13 on 12:00pm - May 13,18, edited 1 time in total.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 11:27am - May 13,18 
Way to go, AJ! It's shaping up to be a great year already and I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:46am - May 13,18 
Wow you really got that spot dialed in !! Congrats on another nice Walleye, and with graduation!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 12:26pm - May 13,18 
Way to go. Thanks for the report.

President, Trollers Unlimited, Inc.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:31pm - May 13,18 
Very nice fish Aj! :ohya

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:33pm - May 13,18 
Really nice fish and glad you are enjoying yourself. BTW, how d o you get your dog to be so calm while you fish? My 4 year old Lab would be all over the place.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:46am - May 14,18 
I'd like to borrow that horseshoe you have AJ when we are fishing for smallmouth up North :)

Beautiful fish!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:58am - May 14,18 
chuckt wrote:
Really nice fish and glad you are enjoying yourself. BTW, how d o you get your dog to be so calm while you fish? My 4 year old Lab would be all over the place.

Chuckt, I wouldn’t necessarily call Copper calm while I’m fishing. She’s always on the hunt for whatever she can get her mouth on (just the bird dog in her), and quite often she goes in the river after the ducks and geese while I’m fishing. She always sticks close though and comes to me on the first call, but that’s all from my dad training her when she was a pup.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:00am - May 14,18 
Marc wrote:
I'd like to borrow that horseshoe you have AJ when we are fishing for smallmouth up North :)

Beautiful fish!

Putting Twin Fins in today Marc, hopefully the horseshoe works on the perch and steelhead also. :winker

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:07am - May 14,18 
AJ13 wrote:
Marc wrote:

Beautiful fish!

Putting Twin Fins in today Marc, hopefully the horseshoe works on the perch and steelhead also. :winker

Agreed! Good luck with the launch.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:48pm - May 14,18 
Very cool! I'm secretly hoping walleye become established in the Dupe. Well, more dreaming than hoping. Knock down those dams!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:57pm - May 15,18 
And AJ makes Dale Bowman’s cover and lead again !!! 3rd time in 12 months.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/?post_type=cst_article&p=1099040

President, Trollers Unlimited, Inc.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:07pm - May 16,18 
jmdog wrote:
Very cool! I'm secretly hoping walleye become established in the Dupe. Well, more dreaming than hoping. Knock down those dams!

Agreed !! The DNR had the ideal opportunity during the '96 flood that ripped a good one in the Channahon dam. Could have "used" what God did to encourage the removal of the rest of them. Instead they had the"infinite wisdom" to rebuild it. Unbelievable. It could have opened it up to the lower Desplaines and Illinois watershed. Bet it wouldn't have taken long for centuries old spawning grounds to be re-established by several species. Of course, today we unfortunately would have Asian carp to deal with as well perhaps.

Bob P.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:38am - May 17,18 
Never seen a walleye with a humpback like that, I wonder if it was injured somehow.

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: