Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:55pm - Dec 3,17 
Here comes the temp crash. By this time next week, the areas I've been fishing will likely have skim ice. With an all weekend volleyball tournament on the schedule, I doubt I'd have made it out anyway next weekend. All that said, the warm, calm days this weekend were too inviting. Water on most of the east branch was low and clear. Had to head downstream to find depth and color. I haven't seen a sizable smallmouth in weeks. I think the trout pushed them out of these holes.

The other water I've been hitting is more suited to crappie/largemouth/rock bass. Plenty of multi-species all the last month or so.

Second lip-hooked carp in as many weekends. They'll grab that Gulp willingly in the cold water. This one was a tank. I think she's a bit self-conscious about her looks because she didn't want to take a good pic with me.

With the warm winter last year, I fished 'round the entire calendar. As a result, I haven't had an extended break from fishing in almost two years. Think I'm due so this may be it for awhile.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:40pm - Dec 3,17 
:D Thanx for all ur posts.....makes this site that much better later on mike :respect

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 03:54pm - Dec 3,17 
Thanks for sharing. Maybe next year I'll get back to the Duper.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:33pm - Dec 3,17 
Sounds like a fun day! That's weird about the smallies disappearing. I wonder where they went? Hopefully you get a warm spell this winter and get out...your reports were a great fix last winter.

Last edited by TyeeII on 07:35pm - Dec 3,17, edited 1 time in total.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:45pm - Dec 3,17 
Glad y'all enjoyed :D

How the weather plays out really dictates what my winter fishing schedule is. When a window opens, I usually jump through because you never know when the next opportunity will present itself. But I am kind of looking forward to laying around in my pajamas and sorting my tackle rather than layering up and waddling out to stand in freezing wind chills while dodging ice floes.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 08:44pm - Dec 3,17 
Dog, we all enjoy your tales of fishing. Especially Me when I can't get out.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:44pm - Dec 4,17 
Those were nice days and I thought of hitting the Duper. But chores around the house and deciding to walk the dog along the riverwalk instead took priority. But you are making the Duper the place to go for trout. I can see it now; the DuPage on the tv show Seasons on the Fly.

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: