Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:31am - Sep 5,19 
Hey guys hope you are catching. My American angler electric knife is dying sad to see her go but I can’t decide on new one the stuff I’m reading says most of em suck any ideas would be helpful, Thanks.

Sponsor
Sponsor

Location: Naperville, IL __ Boston Whaler Conquest w/twin Mercs

Post Posted: 08:58am - Sep 5,19 
Bubba blade just came out with a electric. I don't use electric so no idea whats best.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 02:35pm - Sep 5,19 
I bought the Bubba cordless knife this year so I can clean fish on the water. I made a post about it back when I bought it. It was a bit expensive, but I think worth it for what you get. 4 different blades, 2 batteries, and a really nice carrying case. I'm able to use it for 3 cleaning sessions before the battery gets down to one out of 4 bars and I have to charge it. The blades are awesome and the knife has good power but you hardly feel the motor in your hand. The knife grip feels really comfortable in my hand too.

I've been using the American Angler for many years and love it, but I haven't used it since buying the cordless Bubba. They do make a corded version too if that's what you prefer, but I'd probably get another AA if I wanted a corded electric knife.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:07pm - Sep 5,19 
T thanks. If you don’t mind me asking how many fish are you filleting at a time? I did eleven 12 inch crappie the other day would it handle that on a charge?

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:32pm - Sep 5,19 
It will most definitely handle that and more on a charge. I'd say you could probably filet that many fish on 4 different occasions before the battery dies. I've actually not run a battery to empty yet. The batteries have an LED charge indicator on them with 4 lights. I've probably fileted 30 Salmon and Trout before charging the battery and the charge indicator came down to 1 light. The batteries are lithium ion and don't need to be fully discharged before charging, and the knife doesn't slow down as the battery gets low. The batteries take a long time to charge, but it came with 2 of them so that's not an issue.

I can't speak to the lifespan of the batteries or the motor because this is the first season I've owned the knife, and there weren't many reviews since it's a new product this year.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:36am - Sep 6,19 
i agree with Tyee. bubba is a great choice. fillets walleye like nothing. amazon has it now for 127.96 that's less than the 159 i paid. the 4 blades and 2 batteries make it worth the price not it mention the nice case with it

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 04:50pm - Sep 6,19 
mikeeman wrote:
i agree with Tyee. bubba is a great choice. fillets walleye like nothing. amazon has it now for 127.96 that's less than the 159 i paid. the 4 blades and 2 batteries make it worth the price not it mention the nice case with it

That's a great price, Mikeeman. I looked again and saw that Cabelas has it listed for that price too. Sometimes it pays to wait...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:55pm - Sep 6,19 
hey Tyee at lease it not like my 6 month old LG tv i'm out 500 so far

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 08:36pm - Sep 6,19 
Got the rapala Lion a while back and have to say I am a bit disappointed in it. Had the ni-cad before and that was nice. The newer one does hold it charge very well but the blades are very hard to remove and don't cut as well. Seems to me to be to much space between the blades and you get fish flesh build up in them. Got it on sale for about $100, don't know what the bubba cost but I would surely look at it even if it was a bit more.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:13am - Sep 10,19 
hey guys ordered the cordless Bubba. This knife is Bad A..! The blade selection is amazing it’s not off to the races but a nice steady power it’s worth every penny. I cut up some beautiful shlabs last night and it didn’t miss a beat. Thanks Tyee. Great knife.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 04:35pm - Sep 13,19 
No problem fishinfiend, I'm glad you are as happy as me and mikeeman with your new knife! Your description of the power is spot on...it's much more smooth than my American Angler.

Board index » The Podium » Random Thoughts & General Banter
Jump to: