Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:37pm - Dec 2,18 
Decided to go at the last minute this morning,tough day compared to fridays trip.Just couldn't find any good size fish today and had to do alot of picking to get a limit of 9s.I hope some of the other boats had better luck than me.I fished just past the 95th bridge on the north side to get out of that cranking north wind.I had a decent size school that I was working but they kept moving 20 yards in all directions so it was hard to sit on them.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:06pm - Dec 2,18 
They are all but GONE!!!!! Spent hours graphing (2d, Side Image and DI) and running.....they are not in the slips like the weeks before. Small pods and a few decent schools was all we really found. And I agree they were on the move and you couldnt sit on them. We got 30 but they are not the quality of fish that was there last weekend. That blow really chalked up the place and the perch bailed!!! I wondering if they pulled out into the lake past the mud line....and if so will they come back. We went downriver a few miles and still couldnt find anything decent.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:01pm - Dec 3,18 
Thanks for the post Jimmy I thought the day was one long senior moment.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:47am - Dec 4,18 
Winds look decent for the rest of the week maybe the water will clear up and they will get schooled back up. Going to be cold to and that always helps! I did see a 20lb Laker get caught Friday at 87th it wont hurt for them things to stay away either!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:24am - Dec 4,18 
Might try it tomorrow it's the only decent day till sunday.This is the first year in awhile I haven't caught a couple lakers.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:33pm - Dec 4,18 
RT, I've got to go to the Doc tomorrow or I would try to hitch a ride with you. : - )

VIETNAM VETERAN U.S.A.F. 66-67

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:33pm - Dec 4,18 
GDN1 send me a pm with your name and number we don't live too far apart.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:41am - Dec 16,18 
Has anyone been to the river Saturday. I heard some ramblings of fish being caught .I might go today and give it a go.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:17am - Dec 16,18 
I made it out in Cal Park on Wednesday afternoon 12/12. Spent most of my time in the river trying to find the cleaner water. It was still pretty chalky. Fished up and down the river watching the sonar, didn’t mark much and didn’t catch anything. There were a couple other boats out, sounded like they were having similar luck. Water temp was 36 degrees. Nothing to show for it but some cold hands. Happy to have made it out though. Hope this helps, good luck if you make it out.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:04pm - Dec 16,18 
You didn't go far enough they're past 100th st.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:45am - Dec 17,18 
Ha! You're right! The 100th Street bridge was as far south as we went! Now you tell me! :lol:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:35am - Dec 18,18 
3 man limit Saturday (45) and a 4 man limit (60) sunday.....now let me say we were throwing the size we kept back a few weeks ago. Im not sure where the better fish went...but we will find them (have a few ideas). A few tips for guys saying they are not seeing them on sonar....1. idle the walls not the main channel. 2. Go slow looking they have been laying tight to the bottom. A color graph and down imaging helps...but you can still see them on 2d non color.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:04pm - Dec 30,18 
Late report: made it back out on the 19th and went further up the river, past the 100th street bridge. Started marking them and catching them shortly thereafter. Lots of action, lots of dink’s. Must’ve sorted thru 100 to get 20 keepers. Fun day on the water! Retired trucker, thanks for the advice!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:24pm - Dec 30,18 
You're welcome Rooday I've been on the golf course with this warm spell which I like a tiny bit more than fishing.

Board index » Lake Michigan » Perch
Jump to: