Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:18pm - Nov 13,18 
here is video of todays action

please click on the link to watch todays adventure

today was bitter cold, but the bite was none stop!!!
numbers are strong and size is much better than last year...
perch are hitting on anything and eveything... sizes are real good right now but be advised that there are new designated areas at 85-87th street slip for us to fish...
no fishing signs are now posted in areas that were once open for fishing.....
be aware and be respectful of new rules and regulations

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:32pm - Nov 13,18 
I haven’t been to 87th this year, but I’m guessing from the fence to the lake is the area allowed and designated for fishing, aren’t you on the wrong side of the fence?

And I know it’s been mentioned on your videos before, but your respect/handling of fish you are returning to the lake still leaves a lot to be desired. What’s so hard about unhooking a fish and dropping it head first back into the water? Instead of just flinging and spinning them? Those are the fish you’re gonna want to be catching next year or the year after. Not much pisses me off more than seeing dead fish floating from people mis-handling and thinking they are worthless just cause they are small.

Glad you had a good day fishing and had fun, glad to hear the fish are in down south.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:40pm - Nov 13,18 
Nice video.
Thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:04pm - Nov 13,18 
Jhillman17
I respect your opinion on things... I always practice catch and release n I apologize for how I released these perch but I promise you and guarantee you that not one perch I caught today was killed.... every fish I released darted off and swam away...
On sight security made routine rounds today and had no problems or issues on where we were fishing... your quick to comment but like you said you haven't been to the slips this year....

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:40pm - Nov 13,18 
I second release whats your deal? How about less time with the camera more time with a ethical release...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:28am - Nov 14,18 
bill77 wrote:
I second release whats your deal? How about less time with the camera more time with a ethical release...

You guys made your point on the release so let's move on or the thread will be closed. No need to belabor the point.

Nice video!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:57am - Nov 14,18 
Fishing is only allowed on the very far end of the slip... the main entrance there is somewhat fenced off and there are now no fishing signs/no trespass signs posted in areas you are not allowed to fish...no one was parking on LSD every one there was parked on 87th street and walked down to the mouth of the slip... I was also told by the security guard there that fishing is still allowed at the 95th street boat slips

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:03pm - Nov 19,18 
Nice video, thanks for posting. Reminds me how perching used to be in summer at 95th 25 years ago :) . Not really a cold weather fishing guy but that video might make me reconsider.

Rhodan 72" 36v 120 lb. trolling motor
2 Simrad NSS12
Lowrance HDS 10 gen2
Simrad Is40
sonarhub
LSS1
Lowrance point 1
2 36" Cannon tracks
2 electric downriggers
2 High Seas quad rod trees
4 Bert's ratcheting rod holders

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:26pm - Nov 19,18 
Just fished 2 days at Navy Pier. Thought of the comments of this video as I threw perch back in. they all swam away just fine. How does one ethically throw a small perch back in from 15 feet up?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:48pm - Nov 20,18 
Iv apologized and will correct my actions but It's hard to ethically release a fish from a 15' drop.... I know there are people on this Forum that believe strongly in the preservation of our natural resources(I always practiced CATCH & RELEASE) If those same people on here are so focused on the RELEASE of the fish then ETCHICALLY Why aren't we WORRYing ABOUT THE HOOKS AND TACKLE WE USE that is RIPPING AND TEARING THROUGH The FISH????? Is that not a double standard????

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:16pm - Nov 20,18 
urbanAngling420 wrote:
Jhillman17
every fish I released darted off and swam away...

This is indicative of nothing, btw.
Not saying you are/are not maiming your released fish because I havent watched your video(s), but the assumption that because a fish darts off seemingly unimpeded, meaning that the fish is unharmed or not mortally wounded is entirely false.

Support Staff

Post Posted: 07:01pm - Nov 20,18 
Tried to steer this back in the right direction...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Latest Topics  [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » Lake Michigan » Perch
Jump to: