Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:20pm - Feb 8,21 
hey peoples how are you guys and gals doing on these cold days
just want to ask and share some info
I was at 89th on ice Feb-7 Sunday it was fun while it lasts most area about 8inch good solid ice
some med size perches and lots of small ones
but the security guard told me I have to leave
the question is do the security guard have jurisdiction on the ice or just land itself?
if they can't enforce the boat on the water I don't think they can do it to people on the ice
what do you think?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:29pm - Feb 8,21 
The property you walk on to get there is all posted no fishing so I would guess that is their justification.We used to crawl under the old fence 20+years ago to ice fish,but the water was so low nobody could see you down there.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:10am - Feb 9,21 
frogger18w wrote:
I was at 89th on ice Feb-7 Sunday it was fun while it lasts most area about 8inch good solid ice
the question is do the security guard have jurisdiction on the ice or just land itself?
if they can't enforce the boat on the water I don't think they can do it to people on the ice
what do you think?

You accessed public water through private land. You trespassed and can and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:43am - Feb 9,21 
The Great One wrote:
frogger18w wrote:
what do you think?

You accessed public water through private land. You trespassed and can and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

ok make sense that I did pass through private property so I did something against the post sign
ok I won't do that no more
but should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law for passing through the private property I think you should lighten up a bit :noway

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:04pm - Feb 9,21 
Did the guard see you enter through private property? If he didn't, just say you accessed the ice from the public park on the east end of the slip. Or depending on the ice conditions you could attempt to actually access the ice from that end and you won't have to worry about him catching you coming off. Be safe, on the ice that is.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:31am - Feb 11,21 
Fishy Scent wrote:
Did the guard see you enter through private property? If he didn't, just say you accessed the ice from the public park on the east end of the slip. Or depending on the ice conditions you could attempt to actually access the ice from that end and you won't have to worry about him catching you coming off. Be safe, on the ice that is.

no, it was at 89th slip well I don't think I'm going there anymore
I might try at 85th slip using a parkside to get on the ice

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:39am - Feb 11,21 
retired trucker wrote:
The property you walk on to get there is all posted no fishing so I would guess that is their justification.We used to crawl under the old fence 20+years ago to ice fish,but the water was so low nobody could see you down there.

yea I saw the sign but I went in anyway I was hoping he did not see me on ice but he did
and there was a good old day go fish with friends go camping with a friend now I'm just getting old

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:08pm - Feb 21,21 
From my fishing at 89 th this year the women guards would let ya fish or as soon as they left you could come back in and they would not bother us again . The guy on weekends would run you out anf threaten to call the cops on ya . Kind of a butt head . But doing his job bur a little overboard sometimes . During the week is always better . Good question on being on the ice . If at 87 th and walk end from the Steelworks park and access the ice from that end i personally dont see how they could remove you . My opinion .

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:46pm - Feb 21,21 
I've ice fished 89th years ago but never 87th.With it being connected to the lake and possible currents with thin spots I never deemed it safe, but that's just my thinking.

Board index » Lake Michigan » Perch
Jump to: