Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:21pm - Jan 10,20 
Got there around 8:30 only 5 cars on curve . I said something is up and I was right . Very few bite and small . Barges packed in there about 75 yards in . Fished at mouth area no bites moved into barge area and got some bites but really small . Started pulling barges out around 9 and guard came . So was time to pack it up anyway . No boats in area or 95 th area at all . Never know about perch here today gone tomorrow ,

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:31pm - Feb 3,20 
Isn't that reciprocal waters? Can I fish there with an Indiana license from shore? Thanks, KJK

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:16pm - Feb 3,20 
Slip's not reciprocal water.

The boundaries for the reciprocal area are as follows:

- The east-west portion of the breakwater system which extends lakeward from the Lake Michigan shoreline at about 85th Street in Chicago on the north (the area north of the breakwater is not included).
- On the east, the reciprocal area extends from the far east end of the northern boundary, southeast to the southern boundary.
- On the south, the area extends from the southern tip of the breakwater system, southwest to the east side of the pier at the south edge of the Calumet Park beach.
- The western boundary is the existing Lake Michigan shoreline from Taylor Pier on the south edge of Calumet Park beach to the far western point of the northern boundary.

The reciprocal waters also include the main channel of the Calumet River from Lake Michigan downstream to the Ewing Avenue bridge, anglers fishing from the Illinois shoreline of Lake Michigan in Calumet Park and from the Calumet Harbor breakwater system and from any other publicly accessible areas in the reciprocal zone.

The reciprocal agreement does NOT apply to the channel waters of the North Slip on the northwest corner of Calumet Harbor and the South Slip off the Calumet River northeast of the Ewing Avenue Bridge. The agreement also does not include privately-owned shorelines, including both shorelines of the Calumet River and the Ewing Avenue Bridge.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:21pm - Feb 3,20 
So the mouth of the slip is OK or is that considered private( the designated fishing area, not the slip itself)? Having printer issues at home or I would just be getting a 1 day out of state Illinois license but a no go with no printer.....
Thanks for the Information. KJK

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:28pm - Feb 3,20 
KJK wrote:
So the mouth of the slip is OK or is that considered private( the designated fishing area, not the slip itself)? Having printer issues at home or I would just be getting a 1 day out of state Illinois license but a no go with no printer.....

Just get a one day and download the pdf file to your phone and you'll have the 1 day license on you then. If you get checked explain the printer situation. I keep a pdf on my phone every year, just in case my paper one gets wet and is illegible, or if I forget my wallet.

I also keep a copy of my license with all my different gear. One in the boat, one in the wallet, spare in the car, and one in my ice fishing rod bag. When I waded more, I also kept one in my wading vest.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:50pm - Feb 3,20 
KJK wrote:

The mouth of both slips are reciprocal but don't go past a line from pt to pt.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:52pm - Feb 4,20 
They are still in the river....3 man limit in 2.5 hours Sunday....you will need a boat and a good graph!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:16pm - Feb 4,20 
Good work Jimmy especially with all that wind sunday.

Board index » Lake Michigan » Perch
Jump to: