Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:04pm - Jan 10,18 
it's true the signs are up no more fishing 87st. what's next navy pier?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:22pm - Jan 10,18 
On Saturday I stopped by to check the ice thickness and there was a hazmat unit, 3 fire engines, a chief suv, and a few squad cars that were looking at some 55 gallon drums that appeared to be dumped there. I'd be willing to bet that has more to do with it than fisherman.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:21pm - Jan 10,18 
What will we do now. And is the mouth still open to fishing

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:53pm - Jan 11,18 
I just got back, security was back at it chasing people out of the area west of the fence. Unfortunately there was only about 100gt of open fish able water and it started about 20yds west of the fence. I don’t think they can kick us out of the area east of the fence, but that was packed solid with ice. I drove by 89th and was going to try there, but it’s was still solid ice with guys ice fishing on the slip. Considering there was open water im the river there, and that I don’t really enjoy ice fishing, I just drove on Home. The ice at 87th is shot for at least a few days. The guys on the ice at 89th said it was still 8-10 inches, but there were gaps along the shore. I’d be very cautious out there, even after temps drop especially if we get any kind of north winds. With the river open, a north wind will push that slab out into the channel.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:06pm - Jan 11,18 
I am really bummed, the perching was so good this season.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:06pm - Jan 12,18 
Supposedly a building project at Navy Pier next year. If that goes through, thier will be no more fishing at Navy Pier.

VIETNAM VETERAN U.S.A.F. 66-67

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:49am - Jan 13,18 
I have been perch fishing the lakefront before McCormick Place was built.The Daley's slowly took away all free parking along LSD. I have heard rumors that they intend to narrow road from Park Bait to turnaround and put in pay parking due to nefarious people. Big hotel being built at Navy Pier,hope we still have a spot.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:26pm - Jan 13,18 
I don't think they will ever develop 87th st slip. Not unless the whole area will be covered in concrete . Too polluted soil. Wont be a green space area if any type of housing built . So I'm not worried about fishing the slip but I do believe at some time they ( meaning US STEEL which owns the property ) will lock the whole area down with no accesses at all . Just the east end and the first 100 yards will be able to fish . Hope they don't but so far so good . Another good year . I saw trucks crossing the railroad tracks by 89th st which I believe is a bad idea . Sooner or later were gonna screw it up there and were gonna be done fishing there because of some tired butts don't want to walk a little . We screw ourselves every time . Just my opinion .

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:42pm - Jan 13,18 
bigfoot wrote:
I don't think they will ever develop 87th st slip. Not unless the whole area will be covered in concrete . Too polluted soil. Wont be a green space area if any type of housing built . So I'm not worried about fishing the slip but I do believe at some time they ( meaning US STEEL which owns the property ) will lock the whole area down with no accesses at all . Just the east end and the first 100 yards will be able to fish . Hope they don't but so far so good . Another good year . I saw trucks crossing the railroad tracks by 89th st which I believe is a bad idea . Sooner or later were gonna screw it up there and were gonna be done fishing there because of some tired butts don't want to walk a little . We screw ourselves every time . Just my opinion .

Maybe they weren't lazy maybe they asked security guard and were given permission as long as they didn't pass sign that says no trespassing or block driveway.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:07pm - Jan 30,18 
Anyone heard or been to 87th slip.
Is it dead for now?

Board index » Lake Michigan » Perch
Jump to: