Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:59pm - Dec 6,17 
For the third day in a row this week, went to Navy Pier in the morning , this time right after work. Entered the garage at 7:46, left the garage at 10:30. Between 8 and 9:30 I had 13 keepers over 9 inches. The last two needed to complete my limit took about 45 minutes, the sun was shining on some areas and I was walking around trying different spots. Most of the fish were around 8 inches, using bigger pieces of cutbait and waiting for the rod to bend down before setting the hook will eliminate the dinks. I actually had only one dink today, and that one was snagged from it's belly. Being almost empty out there gave me a chance to cast a bit to the side, that way my line was angled down and both hooks were hanging down from it, lowering the top bait towards the bottom. Had 5 or 6 doubles because of this method.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:07pm - Dec 6,17 
Thank you for posting.
Milan :lol:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:38am - Dec 7,17 
Excellent report / news. Dragging parallel to the pier has proven best for me, too. When it gets crowded, that's not always an option.
Ive assumed it's because you are able to traverse a greater amount of fish hanging under the pier, with the bait in the open theater of the sunlit water. Bigger Bait, Bigger Hook, Dragging versus Jigging = Bigger Fish. I'll be out there freezing my arse this weekend in search of the J U M B O S :drink

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:12am - Dec 7,17 
are there still a lot of diving ducks and cormorants pigging out on the perch?

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:34pm - Dec 7,17 
popppaj4 yes they are . What ive noticed is that if theirn in my area I catch more perch close to wall . Driving them to wall I believe. My opinion couod be wrong

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:40pm - Dec 7,17 
Hey Shagunna,

Thanks for the report. I've ben fishing 87th street and haven't made to Navy Pier yet, but I may try Sunday.

Marty

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:26pm - Dec 7,17 
PoWop wrote:
Excellent report / news. Dragging parallel to the pier has proven best for me, too. When it gets crowded, that's not always an option.
Ive assumed it's because you are able to traverse a greater amount of fish hanging under the pier, with the bait in the open theater of the sunlit water. Bigger Bait, Bigger Hook, Dragging versus Jigging = Bigger Fish. I'll be out there freezing my arse this weekend in search of the J U M B O S :drink

:drink :gpost this is a proper post....good info...this setup will kill fish when those big fish are around the smaller ones....mike

Board index » Lake Michigan » Perch
Jump to: