Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:28pm - Aug 25,19 
I am teaching my girlfriend to fly fish. I have been using Whalon Lake and the duper as sites but since she doesn't wade, I need a spot with a lot of clear space to help the cause. As I remember, there is a good bass pond somewhere around 118th and Weber Road (about 1/2 block off Weber and by a Walgreens) that has clearance and maybe she will get lucky and hook onto a fish. Any recommendations? She spin fished with her late father and is interested to learn.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 03:25pm - Aug 26,19 
The pond behind Neuqua Valley High school doesn't have trees around it. It's not loaded with bass, but what you do catch will be good size. Easy place to park and fish.

Tom

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:34pm - Aug 31,19 
I turned that girl into a fly rod fisher. We were at Knoch Knolls and I was letting her cast my 3wt TFO getting practice on the water. After so much time, tiredness sets in so she hands me the rod and I make a few casts instructing her on the loading of the rod as the line is pulled and the back cast. We go back and forth a few times when I make a cast (using a small black popper with white legs) and a smallmouth takes it. I immediately hand it to her and say "it's all yours". And the excitement was on. She landed the fish (well, brought it to my hand) and all she could talk about was the feel in the rod. The fish was probably a little over 9" so it put some bend in the rod.
Now, I an asked when can we go again.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:23pm - Sep 2,19 
Nice!!!

Profile WWW  

Board index » The Tackle Box » Check your Fly
Jump to: