Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:31am - May 11,14 
I have a pair of Orvis waders of which are about 4 years old. I had sent them in for patching once. This year, I have been out three times and the right leg has been gone from feeling a little damp to "I got a hole somewhere". So, last night, I turned them inside out and poured water in them looking for the hole. Well, it isn't a hole but more like the Breathable has become the problem in an area above the knee (where the heavy duty plastuicends and the more pliable material begins). Instead of a single hole, I have an area to deal with. I am wondering if there is a spray "something or other" that will do the job of which I can spray on the inside. An application so that I can get one or two more years use.
I have a pair of Hodgson's and I lost about 10 poinds so they again fit but they really did not do a good job of design. To get my foot into the boot, I need to almost have the foot parallel to the leg due to the tight space (almost need to do a ballerina act).
Becasue the area is about 4" and the circumference, I think that I can give up this small part of the breathability feature.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:40pm - May 11,14 
Not worth going to Orvis and seeing what they can do first?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:24pm - May 11,14 
You're correct. It doesn't hurt to contact them. I will probably try to do it myself and apply a 1/2" of goop and it will look like I made a load in them. Not a good thing to see. LOL.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:35am - Jun 4,14 
Just want everybody to know that Orvis stood by me and replaced my leakers with a new pair. I did not expect the result and am very happy (of course); they are their lower end waders (Endura) but they treated them as though they are their more expensive product. While at the store, I picked up a few streamers hoping that I can catch a few smallies like jmdog.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:16pm - Jun 4,14 
For future reference try Flex Seal, the stuff they spray a screen door on the bottom of a boat, and it floats?? My son had a pair of hunting waders that had a leak where the boot and leg came together, tried seam seal for waders that you heat up with a lighter and smear on, twice to no avail, still a wet foot, not fun while duck hunting in 30* weather. Bought a can of flex seal and sprayed the inside of the area and "walla" foot stayed dry the the rest of the season.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:32am - Jun 5,14 
Great idea, dpacapt. I was thinking of some spray on but the other readers recommended (rightfully) to see what Orvis would do. A thin coat of Flex Seal would seem to work since it would be flexible yet durable. Is it sold in stores or is it only available using that 1-800 number?
In the box of new waders is a repair kit consisting of the adhesive and patch. I do note the "Made in China".

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:56pm - Mar 29,15 
I have tried the flex seal on my old neoprene waders and still emptied at least a gallon of water after a few hours in the water. Gonna give it one more shot before replacing them.

Board index » The Tackle Box » Check your Fly
Jump to: