Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:20pm - Sep 22,15 
Archery Deer Season is upon us. Who's Ready??!! This will be my second season in the woods bow hunting for deer. With no deer to tag last year I'm looking forward to getting out and with any luck get my first one this year. Planning to be out there opening weekend. Good luck to everyone!

Alex

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:21pm - Sep 22,15 
I'm starting to get there but I'm looking forward to November. I'll give it a try a couple days in early Ocober but then I'm out of town until October 20th which is nice to miss the October lull. Good luck to those heading out.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:24pm - Sep 22,15 
I'm ready. I did a full summer tour of 3D shoots, I feel I'm shooting better than ever.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:34pm - Sep 22,15 
Im ready, have a new spot this year and its not on public land. Will be my first time hunting private property. Been shooting at least twice a week for the last two months. Cant wait. Should be out opening day if not that sat for sure.good luck to everybod that gets out ,be safe! dont forget your harness if climbing up in a tree!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:56pm - Sep 22,15 
I saw a hard horned buck running around midday when I was driving today and it got me ready for the season to be here! I'll probably hit my local spot a couple times opening week depending on how warm the weather is. I'm not a big fan of sitting in warm weather, plus if you have to leave a deer lay its not the most ideal conditions. My local spot doesnt seem to have too many deer using it but I really just hunt locally to get meat in the freezer. My spot down in Fulton Co has a few real good bucks on camera. We have 14 running now and only have checked two in the last 6 weeks. We have two good, mature 9 points that will go in the upper 140s to 150s. Cant wait to see what the other cameras have! I probably won't get down there until halloween but thats when the fun really starts!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:06am - Sep 23,15 
I agree with not letting a deer lay out in the heat, so hopefully the temperature cools down a bit. Thing is, I noticed while hunting public land last year that I saw more deer earlier in the season(October through first half of Nov). So I figure once the season is in full swing those deer on the public land get wise and get the heck out of there. My plan is to put in a good amount of effort from season open through the first half of Nov since I didn't see anything move last year after that time frame. If I don't get one, I'll continue hunting through the season, but figure I'll try and capitalize on the knowledge I picked up last year. Has anyone noticed a similar trend on public land??

Alex

Board index » Game Bag » Sticks & Strings
Jump to: