Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:47am - Jan 2,15 
I plan on getting out a few more times with my son this year. It's hard to get motivated when it's cold, and I have two bucks under my belt.
I will be focusing on getting my son a deer.
Who else will be doing some late season hunting?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:08pm - Jan 2,15 
I've been out a few times lately, no luck though.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:15pm - Jan 2,15 
Still hunting. Just hunting in the afternoons. Looks like a Saturday hunt, unless the weather gets real ugly. I'm interested in a large doe or two. Keeping warm with chemical packs for hands and feet. They really do the job!! Just my thoughts, WAZOO54

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:18pm - Jan 2,15 
Was out last weekend. My first season is a bust so far. I'll try to get out a couple more times

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:18pm - Jan 2,15 
I'm still out trying, seen a lot of deer just haven't connected yet. I will be out every weekend till close of the season! Looking for anything that comes close enough for a clean shot! Missed a big 12 pointer 2nd shotgun season so I need to redeem myself! Good luck to all that venture out be safe and stay warm.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:15pm - Jan 2,15 
Gonna give a go one more time for one more too. Not much left from the first one :lol:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:56pm - Jan 2,15 
None in the freezer for me yet. So I'm going tomorrow morning.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:40am - Jan 3,15 
Finished up last night,#2 son took a nice doe and I watched a bobcat chasing a small doe. Been hunting the same property for 35 yrs. and this is only the second time I have had an encounter with a bobcat. The last time was around 15yrs. ago. The land owner says he has seen 2 different cats this year and he to has not seen any for him for about 25yrs. Figured they are either secretly released by the DNR or simply following a major river waterway.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:05am - Jan 3,15 
I'm done. I might squeeze in one more pheasant hunt. Pretty much focusing on the ice now.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:48am - Jan 3,15 
Was trying to get back out after a bad second season but doesnt look like its going to happen. Deer seem to disappear at my local spot around Thanksgiving. One deer on camera since December 2 Plus, used up much of my vacation to head to Puerto Vallarta for 10 days. Not too bad of a season, I got a decent 8, my dad got a small buck and we had a buck hit by a car nearby and picked that one up after a call from my dad's police buddies asking if he wanted it. 3 deer is just about perfect for what we need every year. Going to try to get in a few pheasant hunts now. Hopefully I can get out for a big blast in February.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:34pm - Jan 3,15 
Was out for the cwd in Kendall county. Got into the stand at two. At two twenty. I noticed movement behind me. Two bucks wetter behind me. The Were spooky. Took a shot through a small opening at the closet one. 94 yards. Heard it crash. Ninety for yard shot. Turns out they wetter both needed and I managed to get in without them seeing me. They had just stood up it off their beds. Nice heart shot on a basket 8. Hardest session ever turned into a decent one. Three Deer for the year all on Friday afternoons. 12/5,12/12, & my first January deer ever 1/2

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:53am - Jan 5,15 
I only have one more planned hunt coming up this weekend for some geese in IL but not much besides that. Might get out for Indiana's late goose season towards the end of the month and/or try to do some coyote hunting, but I've already boxed up most of the hunting gear, cleaned the guns & started looking at beginning maintenance on the fishing gear. Deer hunting ended up pretty well: My brother shot a buck with the crossbow, one of our hunting buddies shot a nice buck, a button and a doe, my other buddy doubled up on does last Monday evening and I put down a management buck with the muzzleloader in Indiana and another buck up in Michigan earlier in the year. What a weird hunting season we had weather-wise. It was colder out hunting with the bow in October than it was in December. Congrats to everyone for their success and good luck to anyone still at it.

Formerly Anchor Management
Montrose Harbor
Channel 7
-----------------------------------------------------------

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:08pm - Jan 5,15 
I made it out Sat and Sun. I opted to bow hunt instead of gun hunting the CWD season.
My son couldn't make it either day, and wouldn't you know it, a 160ish shooter came and fed in front of my blind for over 5 minutes. I'm already tagged out on bucks so I could only watch. I saw 3 more small bucks with 1 presenting an easy bow shot.
I killed a 10 and 9 point with the bow in Il. I also shot a nice big doe with the xbow and a very nice 11 point with the muzzle loader in Indiana.
If it warms up a bit I will get out 1 or 2 more times. I would like to get a smaller doe for steaks to put on the grill.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:04am - Jan 12,15 
I was out again this past weekend. My son couldn't make it on Sat., and as usual I had several bucks within shooting range. The 160 made his appearance and there were 3 bucks with half racks. No does presented me with a shot.
I sat with my son on Sun. afternoon. We saw a few but no shots. After hours we drove around a little and saw 3 beautiful 2 1/2 yo 8 pointers with 16 in antlers. They were browsing together and looked almost identical. If they make it 2 more years they are going to be brutes.
I am going to give it one more try this afternoon. Hopefully the cold will hold off a little, or I will freeze my a@# off in the tree stand.

Board index » Game Bag » Sticks & Strings
Jump to: