Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:04pm - Nov 6,14 
I am on my annual trip to Bass lake, but this year my youngest son Liam (9YO) is Joining Michael and me for the first time. Liam isn't hunting yet, but he will sit with me in a heated ground blind or double ladder stand.
The boys are excited, but knowing them, I'll be hunting alone tomorrow morning. It's almost 11:00 and they are still up eating junk food and watching movies.
I have been getting a lot of deer with a few bucks on my trail cams. I am hoping that Michael will put an arrow through one of them, and it would be nice if dad gets a shot or two.
We saw several deer on the drive here. A few locals I spoke to said the bucks were moving at all hours of the day. With the cold weather that moved in the rut should be moving right along.
Deer or no deer, I love the time I get to spend with my kids. We get to enjoy the outdoors and spend quality time together. Michael remembers every minute of every hunting/fishing trip that we have taken. I think he was always more excited them me whenever I harvested an animal or caught some fish.
I will post pics as the weekend goes on, and hopefully there will be some dead deer posing with us.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:21pm - Nov 7,14 
Well the boys didn't wake up.
I was out the the door at zero dark thirty. 45 minutes after sunrise a few does came in. I placed the scope on the biggest and let a bolt fly. I climbed down and I found the bolt covered in blood, after an easy 30 yard tracking job I found a nice size doe curled up.
I love these NAP Spitfires out of a crossbow. Check out the exit wound.
I went back to the cabin and woke up the boys to help with gutting and dragging out the doe.
After dropping off the doe at the processor we all went out hunting. I let Michael sit in a ladder stand by himself for the first time and Liam and I sat in a ground blind.
We saw a few does a 3 bucks but had no shots tonight.
I am just about ready to throw two tenderloins on the grill for dinner with tater tots and garlic bread. I'm showing the boys some good deer camp eats.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:20am - Nov 8,14 
Nicely done!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:37pm - Nov 8,14 
Wow good job, way to spend time with the boys

Board index » Game Bag » Sticks & Strings
Jump to: