Author
Search for:
Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:32pm - Oct 9,14 
Hey everyone. Looking at a newer bow for next year. I currently shot an 06 bow tech allegiance. It does great but looking to upgrade. What do you guys shoot and why....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:18pm - Oct 9,14 
I am currently shooting a 2012 Mathews Heli-m. I can't say that there's a real reason why, other than my brother was upgrading and I needed a replacement bow, so I bought this one off him. I am extremely satisfied with this bow. It has a smooth draw, its quiet, and deadly accurate. Before owning this bow, I had a 2010 Martin Cheetah. It had nearly the same specs, 28" axle to axle and 3.5 pounds @ 320 fps but in my personal opinoin it did not seem as accurate and definitely was not as smooth or quiet. The accuracy could have been due to a fall away rest that may not have been falling fast enough though. Those are the only two newer bows I have ever owned. When I started I used an older compound model with what seemed like no letoff, but I'm not positive. I can say that any newer bow is going to be lightyears ahead of an older one, so just finding a newer one within your price range from a quality manufacturer would be the keys.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:52am - Oct 10,14 
I'm shooting a PSE Bow Madness XS I bought in 2010 and have been very pleased with it. The reasons I like it are: 1) It's small and lightweight, 2) It's the quietest bow I've ever drawn and shot, 3) It's accuracy gives me confidence out to 50 yards, 4) The price on it did not break the bank.

Prior to the Bow Madness, I had an 1980's Hoyt Alpha-Tech, which was incredibly accurate but weighed a ton. Loved that bow but I wanted something lighter and more maneuverable.

The Bow Madness has become my weapon of choice (over the ML, shotgun and .44) for deer and is unquestionably the weapon I have the most confidence with.

Good luck with what ever you choose.

Formerly Anchor Management
Montrose Harbor
Channel 7
-----------------------------------------------------------

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 03:19pm - Oct 10,14 
I shoot a Hoyt so I would say Hoyt I've got over 20 deer kills with mine it's a killing machine. Lol

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:15pm - Oct 12,14 
Mathews Helim for me as well. I tried a variety of bows and just loved the feel and the way it shot.

Board index » Game Bag » Sticks & Strings
Jump to: