Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:58am - Oct 7,14 
wondering if anybody has any experience with this place im not looking for anybodys secrets if they hunt there more for general information on the place and what to expect. it will be my first year hunting there as well as my first time hunting public land I left all my old property at home when I came out here for school so I wanna try to make the most of what I have here for the time being. any info would be greatly appreciated :thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:23am - Oct 7,14 
Its a good place to hunt. Not many people hunt it either. I went to WIU and still hunt out that way, but just a bit north in Dallas City where one of my old college buddies has a farm. I personally have never hunted Argyle, only fished that lake which is also good. My roommate at the time would wake up before class and go bow hunting out there and he almost always saw something and I know he dropped a few. I also saw deer all the time out there when going fishing also. Godo luck and I would be super curious as to how you do.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:41pm - Oct 7,14 
tried it today for the first time going in completely new to the spot with just my bow and climber got there around 3 and hiked around a bit until I found an area that showed signs of deer sure enough about a hour later a spike came along at 15 yards but decided to pass and saw a few others in the distance still a lot more to explore out there but I think if I put the time in it can produce

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:44am - Oct 8,14 
It will produce. There are some big deer out that way.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:44am - Oct 8,14 
I think they have the McDonough County record on the wall at farm king....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:43am - Oct 8,14 
yeah ive seen the mount there before things a giant

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:25am - Oct 8,14 
I graduated WIU a couple years back. I know argyle like the back of my hand fishing and hunting wise. used to walk around there for hours. def my favorite park and i miss it. lots of good deer.

where did u set up? I know some prime spots

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:43am - Oct 8,14 
I was set up about 10 yards inside the tree line off of the bean field out in front of the trap range prolly 200 250 yards back

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:55am - Oct 8,14 
thats a great spot w them being on their feeding patterns now. only negative is the goons who show up around 5 oclock and start blasting rounds off. i used to set up over the cemetary (follow the trail to the left when you have reached the tree line and theres a side trail to the right which is marked) right behind there and would always see deer. back towards the pond is another great spot as well. make sure you have a windshield tag now. they recently changed the rules and I have been checked there.

keep reporting your hunts! you got it made dude, being able to deer hunt after class. that ends after u graduate so enjoy!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:45pm - Oct 8,14 
urbanhog312 wrote:
keep reporting your hunts! you got it made dude, being able to deer hunt after class. that ends after u graduate so enjoy!

Ah, the good old days. Class for 2 to 3 hours a day, work out, in the woods by 2 or 3. Thursday, Friday and Saturday night have some beers and chase the ladies. I miss my two years at SIU and three years at KU. Enjoy every second of it!

Board index » Game Bag » Sticks & Strings
Jump to: