Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:39am - Aug 12,14 
Is there a way to find out what your draw length is without going into a hunting store?

Thanks,

Bloodsweatscales

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:33am - Aug 12,14 
I saw somewhere you can make a fist with the hand you hold the bow with and extend your arm out to a wall like you are drawing your bow have someone measure from the wall to the tip of your nose. I just tried it on myself and it's pretty close on me, but you are better to have a shop do it to ensure correct length.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 12:53pm - Aug 12,14 
Put a arrow in your bow and pull back to your anchor point have someone mark the arrow in front of the rest a bit 2 inches or so that will get u close.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:18am - Aug 13,14 
If you error, do it on the side of a shorter draw length. If the draw length is to long its harder to adjust to then a little to short.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:27am - Aug 13,14 
Your draw length will extend as you shoot and your more comfortable with your equipment.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 03:09pm - Aug 15,14 
bloodsweatscales wrote:
Is there a way to find out what your draw length is without going into a hunting store?

Thanks,

Bloodsweatscales

The method below works very well for determining compound bow draw length accurately if you are a mechanical release shooter. Finger shooters and traditional equipment shooters varies a little longer depending on your anchor point to the face. The extended arms spread sideways method divided by 2.5 isn't as accurate bc of differences in shoulder widths.(sometimes resulting in too long determined draw lengths)

Arms forward method:
You'll need someone to help you measure.
1. Stand straight up look forward and extend both hands out forward clapping your hands together without overreaching.
2. Have someone take a yardstick, arrow, stiff tape measure, etc and place one end lightly on the the triangular notch at the base of your neck
3. Slightly spread apart your hands and close them again onto the other end of the yardstick, arrow, tape measure,etc. it is important that you do not over extend out your reach(don't over reach just a relaxed extention)
4. Have your helper read the measurement at the end of your fingertips on the other end of the yardstick. If you used an arrow mark end and measure it.

This has been the most accurate method for determining draw length.

I hope this helps!!!!
Fin collector

Board index » Game Bag » Sticks & Strings
Jump to: