Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:46pm - Nov 13,13 
Ok guys my girl friend is really into bow hunting and target shooting! It's her birthday are 5 year anniversary and Christmas all in December and I'm looking to get her one big present a new compound bow! Any suggestions only looking to spend 450 and want the best bang for my buck any ideas please help me out guys I want to make this a present she can target shoot all day and take her first deer with. Am I going to need to bump up my budget or is 450 fine I can deal with a bow with out all the add ons we can get those later :thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:55pm - Nov 13,13 
Take a look at the "Mission" line by Matthews.

Lt.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:30am - Nov 14,13 
PSE stinger 3g. Great bow for the money.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:57am - Nov 14,13 
i like the PSE because it has a higher FPS than the mission bows i could afford would the hunting combo be worth the buy or should i customize it?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:40pm - Nov 14,13 
Ok guys the pse is supposed to go from 30 pounds to 70 bit very now I look at says 50 60 or 70 can I have it adjusted down to 30 pounds so she can work her way up?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:41pm - Nov 14,13 
The PSE stinger 3G sorry for the lack of info in prior postb

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:45am - Nov 15,13 
It cannot go from 30 to 70 lbs with a single set of limbs. The 50#, 60#, 70# draw weights you see are the max limb capacities. Each one of those can go to a certain range less than the maximum but as you move away from max weight you lose the peak performance of those limbs. In theory 50# limbs set at 50# should shoot better than 60# limbs scaled back to 50#.

Just to be certain, do you have an idea what her draw length is? Im almost positive 25.5" draw would be too long for my girlfriend. Simply for comparison, the Bowtech Heartbreaker, designed for female archers, has draw length range of 22" to 27". PSE Rally in the same price range as the Stinger 3G offers a huge draw range with only a slight decrease in speed and brace height.
The last point I would make is for you to go in a draw the bows for yourself and get a feeling for the draw cycle. The difference even within one company can be amazing how smooth the cycle is or how far back the bow carries full draw weight before reaching the let off point. Ultimately speed means nothing if the bow doesnt fit her well and isnt comfortable for her to shoot.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:59am - Nov 15,13 
I own a PSE Stinger 3g, 70#. There are limb screws to decrease the draw weight to what you are comfortable with. Weight decreases 2-3 pounds per turn on the screw. To get down to 30# or 40# you will want to buy the 50# pound bow. The shop will set it up for you. The combo package comes with everything you will need to get shooting. 4season has a good point also, check her draw length. Overall good bow for the money, I'm happy with it.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:45am - Nov 16,13 
go her the PSE Rally got it on sale for under 300 complete but the wiskerbiskets has got to go! I despise those things especially when bow fishing thanks for all the help guys the Stingers draw length was a little to big and couldn't get it in her poundage range so I had to downsize

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:42am - Nov 17,13 

Board index » Game Bag » Sticks & Strings
Jump to: