Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:35am - Nov 7,13 
I'm going to act like I know what I'm talking about but one of my hunting spots has very few does so I made the decision this year to pass on them until late season if I need to. That decision is paying off as there are a lot of bucks chasing the couple does that are out there.

Now is the time to be out this is 3 days in a row I've seen bucks chasing does. As I am in the stand right now I just saw 3 bucks chasing a doe.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 04:00pm - Nov 7,13 
Nice. Sitting in the office this week has been killing me. Can't wait to get back in the stand Saturday.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:21pm - Nov 7,13 
Getting out this weekend with my new crossbow after being grounded since tearing two rotators last oct. can't wait!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:44am - Nov 8,13 
Theboy, IMO you are absolutely correct in waiting. I used to shoot the first doe that came by for years and then I took a game plan like you and stopped hunting them till after the 1st firearms season. It really increased the amount of deer I was seeing during the rut and in general. The other cool thing is you get to experience the deer and get a feel for them a lot more when your not constantly trying to make the shot. Good luck I hope it pays off for you.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:08pm - Nov 8,13 
Got out this afternoon and saw a nice buck at 3:12 licking a branch about 65yards away. He never came my way,but I'll be back in the morning!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:37pm - Nov 9,13 
Just walked in from our farm down south. Go get in the woods....the bucks are pushing the doe's around . We passed up over a dozen smaller 1- 2 1/2 year olds in the last 4 days. I saw 2 nice shooter bucks and one had a doe locked down and wouldn't let her leave or any other deer within 30 yrds.We are going back down next weekend. One of my buds shot a nice 120" 11pt Wednesday in the rain..

Board index » Game Bag » Sticks & Strings
Jump to: