Author
Search for:
Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:32pm - Sep 27,13 
I can hardly sleep. Got pics of 2 shooters in a summer pattern. What are you guys thinking. Who else will beout on the opener

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:22am - Sep 28,13 
I'm going to take the same approach as last year. I plan on going out only a couple times in October and put in a lot of time when the temps drop in November. I just hate hunting or shooting a deer when its 75 degrees out.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:21am - Sep 29,13 
Don't pass up all of October. I had pre-rut action on the 21st of October last year and it got better every day. Gonna be nice and cool next weekend, I'll be out.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:34am - Sep 30,13 
Less than 24 hours. :D Pulled sd cards in trail cams yesterday and not much action. Going to be in the stand at sunup anyway. Cant get them if we aint out there.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:19am - Sep 30,13 
Definitely excited for the upcoming season but will be taking the first weekend off this year for a change. We're going to try something new this year and try to put less pressure on our land by not hunting all day every weekend. However, I'll definitely be in the stand the 12th/13th and 26th/27th as the second and fourth weekends in October have historically been very good for me. My belief is that October gives us the best chance to shoot a mature buck on our land. Once the summer pattern ends, the crops start disappearing and more hunters get in the woods, our mature bucks appear to go elsewhere. Then we're waiting for the rut or for someone other hunter's commotion to push deer through our land.

Good thing that we're taking the first weekend off since my kisser button and string vibration suppressor flew off and hit me in the face the last time I shot. Got the new kisser and string dampeners put on but still need to re-sight everything in. Good luck to all those heading out and be safe.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:02pm - Sep 30,13 
I will not pass up the whole month I just really look forward to hunted in the cold temps. I do like taking my 5 year old out in the early season as its not too cold and her attention span lasts about an hour so we will be out for the last hour or so. On a side note I saw 3 P&Y bucks yesterday and about 5 smaller 6 pointers in the field I hunt eating the acorns. It's funny how these deer always seem to show up on in September when the acorns start falling. A month ago it was rare for me to see anything in this spot.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:23pm - Sep 30,13 
I was hoping to get out Friday but weather looks to be a little warm. It tough to shoot them, track, drag out and quarter in one night. I have a busy weekend but I'm hoping the cold front comes through friday afternoon. If I'm not too hung over from my bachelor party on Sunday I may try and get out that night, weather looks really good. Since work and finish touches on the wedding are keeping me busy, not sure when I can get out. I know I won't be heading down south to hunt until November 1st by my fiance knows that November is all mine to be in the woods. Can't wait for them, leaves off the tree, cool crisp in the air and the rut starting at anytime. Magical time to be in the woods!

Seems like the bucks on my local camera disappeared. Only had one pic of them this week. I think the acorns falling has spread them out a bit. The guy that lives on the spot I hunt said he did see one the day before I was checking my camera so I think there around, just not walking where I need them to be!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:30pm - Sep 30,13 
Yeah BigB I'm on the other side my buddy has a bunch of oak trees so his backyard will blow up this time of year. The only problem this time of year you will only see deer during the first and last hour of the day. Thats why the rut is nice because then you can stay on stand for a little while. Good luck to those heading out this week.

Board index » Game Bag » Sticks & Strings
Jump to: