Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:15pm - Sep 18,13 
Ok so i applied this year to a public land hunting site where you have to draw to hunt and are allow to hunt for 5 days friday to sunday which i was choosen. Now question for you guys anyone hunt Moraine Hills for Deer? If so how are the deer there? I got allow to hunt only area B so i hope to maybe get one:) Any input greatly appreciated:) :thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:56pm - Sep 18,13 
There is a decent population of deer at moraine. I've never been in zone B so I couldnt tell you much that specific area (sometimes the treestand rule can limit where you set up). Which weekend did you draw?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:31pm - Sep 18,13 
I drew weekend of November 8-12. I hope deer are around that zone B lol cant really move around.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:34pm - Sep 19,13 
I shot my first ever deer at Moraine Hills. Looks like they changed the zones around since then but I was in Zone A. I know that deer are in the area but no idea about the quality and quantity. Good luck! My buddy drew a tag also but I don't remember which zone he got but I know it is for opening weekend.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:08am - Sep 21,13 
I scouted it a few times about 6 years ago but unfortuately I didn't draw a tag for it. I just took a look at the map and it looks like a pretty good area. I think one thing you have going for you is that area just to the south is off limits to hunting so the deer might be a little more relaxed because they don't have any pressure on them. I think the best thing is the first day, see where other hunters have been setting up and try and think outside of the box. After a month of being hunted they probably have gotten a little smarter. I'd try and find a tree for every wind direction and play it accordingly. A positive is that you are going to be there during the rut so deer that might live in the neighboring areas will start to search out does. I'd also pick up a bottle of Doe in Heat as well. I've had mixed results with it but I don't think it would hurt. I know the harvest reports with a bow aren't the greatest there but I would have to think a lot of hunters either don't hunt hard or scout at all. Put in the time and look at the aerials/topos of the area on Google Earth and you will already be ahead of the game. If you want a second opinion on anything let me know and I'd be happy to help! Good luck and post pics of your deer!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:32am - Sep 30,13 
:thanks I can use all the help I can get Big B any suggestions for opening weekend at heidecke?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:52pm - Sep 30,13 
Have you scouted Heideke at all? It looks like a tough place to hunt but I think it holds deer. Do you have a pair of waders? I think if you have a pair of waders that will put you apart from 75% of the hunters out there. Let me know if there are any areas that you like and I'd be happy to give me opinion. I think with the one parking area at Morris Wetlands that could be a great spot to get away from the crowds. Just think outside the box and be prepared to a drag out if you get something but no pain no gain!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:27am - Oct 2,13 
So with this weather coming up this weekend will deer be moving or hunkered down? What is everysone best guest??

Board index » Game Bag » Sticks & Strings
Jump to: