Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:03pm - Aug 8,13 
This will be my first experience having my bow string changed out. I didn't shoot my previous bow enough to need to replace them and my starter bow, a PSC wheeled bow had a coated twisted wire cable with the quick change tear drops where one would easily change the string out on their own.
I've been shooting the crap out of my 3rd bow, a 2010 Mathews DXT and I'm looking at string replacement before we get too close to 1-OCT. I really like the performance of the bow, it's a killing machine, but I'm leaning towards custom strings. So I'm looking for some feedback on any custom strings you's may be shooting. I've looked at many web sites, of course they all say theirs are best.
What are you shooting and if you are shooting custom strings how long was the break-in before settling? My stock Mathews string took too long in my opinion and to this day I need to check peep alignment before the draw so I'm thinking it creeps (or creeped).

Tom

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:04pm - Aug 8,13 
Desoto, Funny how you mention this. I shoot a Mathews Helim that I purchased last spring. I'm finding this year after putting 250 or so shots through the bow (total) my peep is starting to twist on me. I have to straighten it out every time I draw back. I'm heading to my bow shop in Shorewood on Saturday to either get a new string or to get the string readjusted. If I need a better string, so be it. I've hard that Mathews stock strings are pretty bad so I'm probably going to look at getting a better string.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:51am - Aug 10,13 
I replace my own strings an tune my bow myself .. i use Vaper Trail strings and they are pre strectched and very good strings and they have alot of colors u can pick from and awseome customer service .. They also make awseome Arrow rests and string silencers..

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:55am - Aug 10,13 
If your peep site is twisting all u got to do is take the tension off the string in a bow press or however u can ratchet strap or whatever then take one end of the string off the cam and give the string half a turn an put it back on the cam and repeat if neccesary until your peep straighten out.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:27pm - Aug 18,13 
I am using a release . My string is set up with a release loop , to hook-up to . Doesn't that straighten out the peep site every time ? My peep site still uses the ole rubber tube . BUT , I would think that the string loop , ( set up right ) would straighten out the peep . My loop is tied on . I have seen metal loops that screw tight to the string . Just thinkin about the peep thing ,,, my $.02 worth .

Good Luck and Safe Trips ,,,,,,, Walldady >>----}->

My Daughter - ( The Fish Magnet ) says ,,, " Bag one Daddy ,,, Big is a Bonus " GOTTA LOVE HER !!!

Board index » Game Bag » Sticks & Strings
Jump to: