Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:22pm - Jul 30,13 
I got the itch and got my bow out today . Fired off a few arrows with pretty good success . ANYONE ELSE got the itch ????

Good Luck and Safe Trips ,,, Walldady , >>----}->

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:28pm - Jul 30,13 
Been trying to shoot every week to every other week right now. Decided it was a good tie to get my arrows refletched so they are getting done right now. Heading south to hang a few more stands this weekend as well as do a little trimming. The season is just two months away, can't it just be here already!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:52am - Jul 31,13 
Been shooting since mid July a few times a week. It's a great way to work on issues from last year, extend accurate range and my favorite, holding longer at full draw. Missed an opportunity last year because I couldn't hold for an extended period of time. Cut shooting lanes last week and hung cameras. Getting pumped !

BigDub

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 12:53pm - Jul 31,13 
Have not started shooting yet but starting to think about it with how this June/July fishing season has been going. Trail cams are up...should have pics here in a week or two. About that time though. I assume I'll have flung a couple arrows by the end of August at least. Hoping to get a couple more fishing trips in before hand though.

Formerly Anchor Management
Montrose Harbor
Channel 7
-----------------------------------------------------------

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:36pm - Jul 31,13 
Went out sat a brought half doz carbon express blue streaks, when out today and robin hooded one, 15.00 a pop, this is getting old, that make 8 so far.
Keeping the in a 2" bunch at 35 yards.
Has anyone picked up the Trophy Ridge slight yet? looking at it don't know if I what to jump yet!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:20pm - Jul 31,13 
I have been shooting 50-100 shots a week since April. Hope to start ramping that number up now that I have finally completely healed from my knee surgery 6 weeks ago.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:46pm - Jul 31,13 
Been thinking about it Jerry, just haven't gotten around to it. I practiced with broadheads about 6 weeks ago, that's it. That Rinehart self-healing target is sweet! 8)~

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:11am - Aug 1,13 
snwblnd wrote:
Been thinking about it Jerry, just haven't gotten around to it. I practiced with broadheads about 6 weeks ago, that's it. That Rinehart self-healing target is sweet! 8)~

Which Rinehart are you using? I'm looking for a new target and have been looking at the 18 in 1 but aways open to another one if its getting good reviews from members on here. Thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:02pm - Aug 1,13 
I'm using the 18-1. At first, I thought it was a little pricey, but now I think it's worth it. I'm guessing I put about 80-100 arrows (w/broadheads) into it and it's holding up fine. Actually, unless you look at it very closely, it's difficult to tell it's been shot into. The only con to it might be the cheesey-LOOKING yellow nylon rope handle, but I guess there aren't many options for a product like this.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:53pm - Aug 1,13 
Have to give another vote for the 18-1. I have several of them and tear the crap out of targets every year and by far they hold up better then any other target I have ever found.

A great target review is on youtube. Search youtube for "GearFreak" they do a great target review of several of the top targets. It is a little long video but they do a great job.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:20am - Aug 2,13 
Thanks guys, I actually just bought one off of ebay a few minutes ago because of your reviews. I seem to buy a $50 to $70 target each year and by the next spring they are losing foam at every shot. I've heard good reviews about these. If they can hold up to broadheads I would be very happy, can't seem to find a good broadhead target. I usually only practice with broadheads the month before the season though.

Two months to go. Is it to early to check the forecast for October 1? :)

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:24am - Aug 2,13 
I dont think they are ever gona make a target that will hold up to broadheads , your slicing it up into shreds eventually every target will fail . i go thru one block per season .

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:03am - Aug 4,13 
Funny you should mention gettin the itch. I dont even have anywhere to bowhunt anymore but I still shoot frequently. A few years back I purchased an HHA optimizer sight. I finally decided to dial it in yesterday. I got it locked in at 20 yds. and then came the 40 yd attempt. I adjusted the sight to where I thought it should be and bullseye dead center at 40. I was shocked. Another arrow and I was about an inch low of my first one. I havent tried a 60 yd shot yet and that is one long shot having taped it out and marked it. I was very pleased with my groups at 40 yds. So far so good with it though.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:44am - Aug 4,13 
Most likely for a broadheads I'll just use two of my older targets back to back. I know it will shred them up so I won't mind too much. I'll probably use the rinehart for a few shots at camp here and there and field points. Normally my Slick Tricks fly like field points so theres no need to keep tearing up targets and dulling broadheads.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:04pm - Aug 4,13 
BigB wrote:
Two months to go. Is it to early to check the forecast for October 1? :)

Nope never to early.

I am trying to shoot 21 arrows a day to get my muscle memory down. My bow needs to be restrung so up to Hysell Archery Center for a new string. Until then I want to at least get my muscle memory down until I get it up there.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:04pm - Aug 8,13 
Here's a homemade broadhead target idea. Works great, lasts for years, can replace sections at a time, customize size to suit needs. 2x4's, threaded rod, and 2" thick insulation board
Hang cheap field point target in front of it to increase life when just getting in shape and/or don't need to shoot broadheads

Profile WWW  

Board index » Game Bag » Sticks & Strings
Jump to: