Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:17pm - May 6,13 
Hey all, I had the opportunity to bow hunt in the mid 90's but haven't done any since and injured my shoulder a couple years ago. I don't see myself bowhunting anytime soon if ever...

Anyway I have an older (mid 90's) High Country compound that is just sitting around taking up space. I have a case, arrows (aluminum), broadheads and some other stuff. Any ideas what to do with all this? Is it too old for consignment, is it even worth anything with all the advances? Are there any bow shops around anymore?

Thank you.

"long days and pleasant nights"

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:05pm - May 6,13 
pm sent

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:27pm - May 7,13 
I can't tell you the value of the bow but this much I know. Bows lose their value quickly and a bow from the 90's is pretty outdated. All you hear is speed and smoothness and a 20 year old bow can't compete with the bows made now. However I'm sure your bow can still kill deer so you might just need to find the right person. Good luck.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:46am - May 8,13 
Rig it for Bow-fishing

I practice catch and release. Catch and release into the grease.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:31pm - May 8,13 
I have my first PSE and it sits in my closet. I think it will stay there until either I start bow fishing or I find a kid in the neighborhood that is interested in hunting and probably give it to his parents to let him use. I'd rather introduce someone to hunting then make a couple bucks off of it. It probably isn't worth much anyways but it got me my first bow buck. Funny how I start with a PSE combo for $300 in 2004 and 9 years later I'm onto a Mathews Heli-m where I spend that same amount on arrows and broadheads. Bowhunting.....its an addiction!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:58pm - May 14,13 
BigB wrote:
I have my first PSE and it sits in my closet. I think it will stay there until either I start bow fishing or I find a kid in the neighborhood that is interested in hunting and probably give it to his parents to let him use. I'd rather introduce someone to hunting then make a couple bucks off of it. It probably isn't worth much anyways but it got me my first bow buck. Funny how I start with a PSE combo for $300 in 2004 and 9 years later I'm onto a Mathews Heli-m where I spend that same amount on arrows and broadheads. Bowhunting.....its an addiction!

Not really any room in the closet for it, it was at my sisters until she sold her house. Not really looking to make money off it though a couple bucks would be nice... more wondering what my options might be; if anyone here was interested in it or if there were any bow shops left in the area that might have a use for it. It'd be great if some kid could use it!

I believe it's 55-70 lb w/a 65% let off. I don't remember the draw... 31,32? Long arms, tall...

"long days and pleasant nights"

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:09pm - May 14,13 
pm sent

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:46pm - Aug 4,13 
I still have my first state of the art speed bow. The Oneida Strike Eagle. At the time they were top knotch. It has an overdraw, yes an overdraw.Its only set at 50lbs but dropped many deer. They boasted 275 fps back then. Hah, crawling today. My how times have changed.

Board index » Game Bag » Sticks & Strings
Jump to: