Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:12pm - Oct 28,18 
Well I have decided to take on a new adventure,Bow hunting!. I’ve been wanting to do this for a while but with small kids my time is very limited. I made it out to Strickly Archery Saturday and was that a blast.
Big shout out to all their staff specially to Brandon and a former emplooyee I ran into that gave me tons of great advice and info. Shot a bunch of bows and narrowed it down to two, Matthews Triax and Matthews Halon they are both more than what my original budget was so I had to hold my self back and do more research. I’ll probably head out to another archery shop and shoot other brands. Plus with this being my first bow I want to make sure I make the right decision, and of course make sure money won’t be an issue at home. Can’t wait to get started and hopefully be set and ready for next years bow season.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:34pm - Oct 28,18 
I'd consider a used bow. Some archery shops offer a selection of used equipment. If you're just getting started, don't get hung up on the newest most expensive gear out there. Most of my friends shoot equipment that is 5-10years old. And they shoot very well!!!! If you're lacking the knowledge in equipment that's where a reliable pro shop comes in handy. My $$ goes to Archery Custom Shop.
http://www.archerycustomshop.com

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:23pm - Oct 29,18 
I'll say you're making the right decision by buying a good quality bow that will last you a while. My Mathews is 12 years old and is still shooting well.

I will also agree that there are a lot of 3-5 year old bows that you can buy that will save you some money and will shoot well. I have a Mathews Switchback that you could get for about $500 but when I bought it they were around $1,000.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:19am - Oct 30,18 
Pick up a reasonably priced used bow. If you enjoy it buy a better one and keep the used one for your son.

Board index » Game Bag » Sticks & Strings
Jump to: