Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:17pm - Nov 13,15 
I know there are "where to shoot" threads, but I'm looking for more basic place. Can I do it a Silver Springs? DesPlaines shooting area? What about Chain o Lakes? Bong in southern WI? Maybe a public hunting area?

I can't do it in my own yard, need to go somewhere, not complicated. Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:57am - Nov 14,15 
Check out st.charles sportsman club, they usualy have a open weekend for non members (probably today and tommorow as seeing deer season is next weekend.)
to sight in slug or muzzleloader's i believe the have targets out to 200yrd.and i think the cost is 20 or 25$. Nice, clean, safe range

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:04am - Nov 14,15 
Ohhh i forgot the good old sycamore sportsman club also!! They also have targets out to 200yrds, lots of pistol stalls. Both of these clubs are outside wich i like!! No slug target practice at des plains or silver springs or chain o lakes. Not sure about bong rec area. Hope this helps!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:49am - Nov 14,15 
Kenosha county conservation club also known as bristol range. Not far over the border in Bristol Wisconsin.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:54am - Nov 14,15 
I'd say Willow slough to the southsiders but they're CLOSED for renovation!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:51pm - Nov 14,15 
I rechecked mine at GAT guns last week. They have a 75 yard indoor range with electronic targets so its quite easy to sight in. My max shot is usually 100yards with my savage 220 but feel good out to 150. I've also sighted it in at Bristol. It will be crazy there though this weekend with gun season approaching. A few of the Illinois State police shooting ranges are open this weekend to sight your gun in for the upcoming season. None of the area public hunting areas around Chicago have ranges or allow you to sight in your gun.

Board index » Game Bag » Guns, Slugs, Shot, & Black Powder
Jump to: