Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:17pm - Jul 12,14 
Keep politics out of the responses or the post will be locked. Mud slinging will not be part of this topic.

http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/?p=6568 ... aysnragain

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:37am - Jul 13,14 
I have often wondered how it is that the obviously massive flow of illegal firearms cant be somewhat curbed. You hear about and see huge amounts of narcotics that were confiscated quite often. I just don't recall much about illegal firearms seizures on a large scale. Maybe I'm missing them. With the number of shootings there are thousands upon thousands of guns out there nearly all of them illegal. I went a bit off the topic but I've been thinking of that for a while. Good article Marc and yes, it is difficult not to get into politics over that one.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:26am - Jul 13,14 
quite interesting and informative , just had my 1st police stop on my CC by CPD on a traffic stop for failure to use a signal turning in to park. i was asked if i was armed and i said yes. to make a long story short 45 min. later after a Sargent was called i was let go. it seems that CPD wasn't trained well in the law and after producing my paper work i was still treated like a criminal. it seems no matter what they will not let go of the fact that good law abiding citizens are now armed. i can see several harassment suits involving the city in the near future.found the whole experience to be humiliating.
DD

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:30am - Jul 14,14 
Those are some of the reasons I decided last year to never again fish in the city of Chicago. I had a lot of good times and memories of fishing the Chicago lakefront, but there came a time to say goodbye.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:39am - Jul 14,14 
Gypsy wrote:
I have often wondered how it is that the obviously massive flow of illegal firearms cant be somewhat curbed. You hear about and see huge amounts of narcotics that were confiscated quite often. I just don't recall much about illegal firearms seizures on a large scale. Maybe I'm missing them. With the number of shootings there are thousands upon thousands of guns out there nearly all of them illegal. I went a bit off the topic but I've been thinking of that for a while. Good article Marc and yes, it is difficult not to get into politics over that one.

No such thing as an illegal gun.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:23am - Jul 15,14 
Ok Bulldawg your right about that. What I meant was the guns falling into the wrong hands and just how they are getting there in what looks like large amounts.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:43am - Jul 15,14 
Thanks for the post Marc. I put this on my facebook site for my friends to see and that they be more educated at what the city is doing.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:35pm - Jul 15,14 
Someone should let them know, it's pronounced Crook County.

Also, another justified shooting not heard of in mainstream news in the city:

By Geoff Ziezulewicz Tribune reporter
6:05 p.m. CDT, July 6, 2014
A Gresham man is charged with attempted murder after he fired on a group of people leaving a party Friday night, only to be shot himself by one of the victims, a military service member with a concealed carry permit, authorities said Sunday.
The military member and three others were leaving a party Friday night in the 11700 block of South Union Avenue in West Pullman, Assistant State’s Attorney Mary Hain said in Cook County Bond Court.
One of the victims noticed a cup of liquor on top of her vehicle and asked attendees of a party next door who it belonged to, Hain said.
When she removed it, Denzel A. Mickiel approached her, shouting obscenities and threatening her and her friends, according to Hain and court records.
Mickiel, 22, went into the residence, returned with a gun and began firing at the group, she said.
As Mickiel fired shots at the victims’ vehicle, the military member retrieved his gun and took cover near the vehicle’s front fender, according to Hain. Two unidentified males also shot at the group, she said.
The service member fired two shots and struck Mickiel twice, she said.
A 22-year-old woman in the group was injured by Mickiel in the shooting, sustaining gunshot wounds to the arm and back, according to court records and Hain.
The four victims escaped the melee in two vehicles as two unidentified males continued to shoot at them, Hain said.
Mickiel was identified as the gunman by witnesses, she said.
The injured woman was stabilized and taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center, police said.
Mickiel, of the 7600 block of South Honore Street, was transported to Advocate Christ in critical condition, according to police.
He remained hospitalized Sunday and did not appear in court but was ordered held on $950,000 bail.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:14am - Jul 16,14 
Bulldawg wrote:
No such thing as an illegal gun.

There are plenty of firearms out there unlawful for anyone to possess. They are also most commonly found in the hands of gang bangers. Stolen firearms, firearms with the serial numbers filed off, sawed-off shotguns... etc. Its silly for lawmakers to think a person who has already made the conscious decision to commit homicide, will be deterred from doing so because there would be an additional penalty for possessing a firearm in its commission. Any person wildly flinging bullets down the street because someone is wearing the wrong color hat is clearly not thinking about consequences!

And wallpapering someone with multiple felony charges is great. IF you get prosecution and an appropriate sentence. That is not the case in Cook Co. A few months (maybe) in county, and they are released on probation/parole and told "now dont do that again or you're going to be in big trouble mister!" But they already know the system, and know they will just receive another slap on the wrist. The juice is worth the squeeze, and they will have another unlawfully obtained firearm the day they get out.

Gypsy wrote:
Ok Bulldawg your right about that. What I meant was the guns falling into the wrong hands and just how they are getting there in what looks like large amounts.

Most of the firearms obtained by gang members are either stolen during burglaries, or bought through "straw-purchases" by someone with a clean record, and turned around and sold to criminals. (lot of $$ involved for an associate of a street gang with a valid FOID to purchase as many firearms as possible, and sell them for a profit) The new wave of legislation requiring private citizens to check FOID, maintain records, etc on firearms they sell to other priviate citizens, or limit the number of firearms an individual can purchase in a year is a direct effort to curb the unlawful straw-purchasers of firearms.

And the firearms also change hands rapidly. Once someone commits a crime with a firearm, they usually pass it off to an associate to make it more difficult to link them to the weapon/crime. Then the buddy uses it in a crime and passes it off to someone else, and so on, and so on. You could have one stolen firearm that is used in 50 different crimes, by 50 different people. The networking of a street gang make it incredibly easy to obtain obtain and pass around firearms.

Board index » Game Bag » Guns, Slugs, Shot, & Black Powder
Jump to: