Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:53pm - Jan 8,14 
dylanapollo posted this in another thread and it had some thoughts so it seemed like a good conversation to carry on in it's own thread.

Opinions are great but facts and data are better. This thread will kept clean by the moderators, posts that "stray" or are not civil will just be pulled.

For what its worth I have no issues with the FOID and background requirements. I would have no issue if they expanded it to ensure that I had no prior mental health issues. That being said that's where it should start and end because the 2nd amendment covers the rest.

dylanapollo wrote:
Couple things I wonder. Keep in mind I'm in Texas were they just reduced to four the number of hours required to carry.
Can anyone cite "factual " data showing how many people have had their own weapons used against them? Or how many people have been shot by mistake by folks"protecting" themselves?

ATTENTION PLEASE! Duality exists in my mind. But it is not my intention to raise that debate here. Actually, I'm glad that those who want it have the option; however,I believe that with great power comes great responsibility. I have NO problem with strict class requirements and even re-certification. Police have to do it why should the citizen not? You have the power of life and death in your hand. I certainly hope you are trained in how to use that power. AND for that same reason I believe that certain people should not be allowed to carry. I won't go into the who's but I do believe that some sort of background checking is imperative. Now I don't know if this "Renewal" fee comes with the re-certification but I hope it does. If not then YES it's just another ploy by the state to make money. IMO

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 03:02pm - Jan 8,14 
AMEN TO THAT BROTHER
dd

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:39pm - Jan 8,14 
My only issues with the mental background is that of course they will take it so far. If I had a little bout of depression after my family member died and required a little help that shouldn't count against me. But really who will decide this? What about soldiers suffering PTSD? Common sense would go a long ways towards deciding this; however, that is in short supply. We can't stop every wack job out there but with a little work we just might stop a couple without hurting the rights of the masses.

Board index » Game Bag » Guns, Slugs, Shot, & Black Powder
Jump to: