Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:17am - Jan 5,14 
:shock :shock :shock THE DAY HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!!! For those of you who are not aware...as of today, 1-5-2014, the Illinois State Police have started accepting the online application for Concealed Carry permits in the state of Illinois. Actually you could have applied a few days ago if you had a valid TCN number, but today it opens for everyone else. If you have been kicking around the idea of getting your Concealed Carry permit, but don't know what you have to do, shoot me a PM and I'll steer you in the right direction. After you complete the state approved 16 hours for class time, it's pretty easy from there. The fee from the state is $150 for the license and that's good for 5 years...what a joke...it should be good for at least 10, but that's Illinois for ya! The online application is quick and painless...a lot smoother than the great government ran healthcare website I'm sure... :lol: Hope all is well guys...the only thing that could make this day any better, is if Da Bears were playing today instead of them darn cheeseheads...lol.

Sup-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:09am - Jan 5,14 
Agree, it is a great day that we finally have this option. The only problem is if you live in the City of Chicago, there are basically no places that you can legally carry even if you have CCW. The laws are basically impossible to understand. I think its going to take a while for the rules of CCW figured out in Chicago, as well as multiple law suits.

Believe me, I'd be the first in line to get one but with no legal places to carry it still seems useless to me. Good thing the things and gang members of this city can still carry their guns where ever they want.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:41am - Jan 5,14 
Thats a good point. Not sure of the municipal (orland park) or county (cook) (in my case) regulations that prevent this.

Did find a place in Peotone that will cover your class and range work for $150 a day. Seems like a good deal.

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:04pm - Jan 6,14 
It's about time!!!!! Maybe if the Constitutional Carry kicked in we would not have to pay the over-inflated application fee :P :-)) Going to get on this soon................

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:31pm - Jan 6,14 
Yeah, it's sort of crazy with all the stipulations. However, I am holding out hope that things will loosen up, even if it takes some lawsuits. The guys that put on my classes are ISP and they said that they believe some of the laws are going to change before any chance of a lawsuit. Specifically, the not being allowed to carry on public transportation or in Chicago will most likely change, simply based on the pure fact of the number of people that don't own a car and depend on public transportation. Think of the little old lady that has her CC license, but is unable to carry on Pace or the Metra or because she lives in Chicago…now picture if that little old lady get's mugged or killed??? Once the media gets ahold of the knowledge that she was a CC license holder, but because of a stupid state regulation that did not allow her to carry on public transportation, she is now dead. Lawyers will have a field day with this!!! Also, the "rule" that says no carrying in Cook County forest preserves…this will most likely change as well. I guess we will have to wait and see.

As of yesterday night, no one in Marion county applied for a CC license…that sounds CRAZY!!!

Something else I find amusing is that even though there have been now licenses handed out yet, there is already a link to renew your license for $50 for 5 years…seeing that it is still 5 years away before anyone will be looking to renew their CC license, I'm pretty sure this fee will go up.

Sup-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:55pm - Jan 6,14 
A silly new law. State is desperate for funds I guess. Why anyone would want to carry in public is another story...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:12am - Jan 7,14 

Silly new law??? I don't think so my friend. Actually, it's been LAW since December of 1791…so it's taken the good ol' liberal state of Illinois over 222 years to finally catch up and stop infringing on my God given right. Silly to some, but not to me.

Sup-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:10am - Jan 7,14 
K
Superman_55 wrote:

Silly new law??? I don't think so my friend. Actually, it's been LAW since December of 1791…so it's taken the good ol' liberal state of Illinois over 222 years to finally catch up and stop infringing on my God given right. Silly to some, but not to me.

Sup-

Yes God intended for you to carry a handgun. Im sorry you're right.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:27am - Jan 7,14 
Not something I'm trying to argue about bro…just something I feel strongly about. I just wanted to let those who didn't know about the new law, be informed about it. I don't mean that God literally cares if I carry a handgun or not. What I meant by, God given right, is that it should go without question that I should be able to carry a handgun, if I so choose, in order to protect myself and those around me, if the need arises. Look at the news…I can think of more than a few occasions where someone carrying a gun, may have been able to help the situation. It's only getting worse in this world and crazier, unfortunately, and if my state now allows me another legal mode of protection, I'm going to act on it. We can agree to disagree…God Bless man! Have a great 2014!!!

Sup-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:55am - Jan 7,14 
"Why anyone would want to carry in public is another story" I have 2 small children and a wife, makes me feel more comfortable especially when we travel. Dirtydprratord, I respect your right not to carry but don't infringe on my rights to protect myself and my family.
Our forefathers did not think it was silly when they made the 2nd amendment, only 2nd to the 1st amendment "Freedom of Speech".

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:23pm - Jan 7,14 
DirtyDPRatORD wrote:
Why anyone would want to carry in public is another story...

Why wouldn't I want to?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:53am - Jan 8,14 
DirtyDPRatORD wrote:
K
Superman_55 wrote:

Sup-

Yes God intended for you to carry a handgun. Im sorry you're right.

If god would have intended on you wearing clothes and shoes he would have you leave the womb dressed. It's easy to post any statement out there that isn't relevant to this topic.

Let's just stick with the laws and the facts on this topic or it will get locked.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:27am - Jan 8,14 
:gpost
I agree let's leave God out of this one. Been enough people killed in his name.

Couple things I wonder. Keep in mind I'm in Texas were they just reduced to four the number of hours required to carry.
Can anyone cite "factual " data showing how many people have had their own weapons used against them? Or how many people have been shot by mistake by folks"protecting" themselves?

ATTENTION PLEASE! Duality exists in my mind. But it is not my intention to raise that debate here. Actually, I'm glad that those who want it have the option; however,I believe that with great power comes great responsibility. I have NO problem with strict class requirements and even re-certification. Police have to do it why should the citizen not? You have the power of life and death in your hand. I certainly hope you are trained in how to use that power. AND for that same reason I believe that certain people should not be allowed to carry. I won't go into the who's but I do believe that some sort of background checking is imperative. Now I don't know if this "Renewal" fee comes with the re-certification but I hope it does. If not then YES it's just another ploy by the state to make money. IMO

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:08pm - Jan 8,14 
Mark Komo wrote:
Thats a good point. Not sure of the municipal (orland park) or county (cook) (in my case) regulations that prevent this.

Did find a place in Peotone that will cover your class and range work for $150 a day. Seems like a good deal.

Here's a complete class with range fees for $105..

http://www.securitytrainingcenter.com/ConcealCarry.html

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:54pm - Jan 8,14 
dylanapollo wrote:
:gpost
I agree let's leave God out of this one. Been enough people killed in his name.

Couple things I wonder. Keep in mind I'm in Texas were they just reduced to four the number of hours required to carry.
Can anyone cite "factual " data showing how many people have had their own weapons used against them? Or how many people have been shot by mistake by folks"protecting" themselves?

ATTENTION PLEASE! Duality exists in my mind. But it is not my intention to raise that debate here. Actually, I'm glad that those who want it have the option; however,I believe that with great power comes great responsibility. I have NO problem with strict class requirements and even re-certification. Police have to do it why should the citizen not? You have the power of life and death in your hand. I certainly hope you are trained in how to use that power. AND for that same reason I believe that certain people should not be allowed to carry. I won't go into the who's but I do believe that some sort of background checking is imperative. Now I don't know if this "Renewal" fee comes with the re-certification but I hope it does. If not then YES it's just another ploy by the state to make money. IMO

I hope you don't mind but I used this quote to start another thread. There are some good talking points and I wanted to keep this thread on topic.

Here's a link to the new post. viewtopic.php?f=26&t=73171

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:01pm - Jan 8,14 
Not at all Marc. Sorry I got off topic. :doh

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:16pm - Jan 8,14 
dylanapollo wrote:
Not at all Marc. Sorry I got off topic. :doh

No worries, great thoughts and question.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:28pm - Jan 8,14 
Bulldawg thanks for the info on the conceal carry class. I called security training center and talked with them and it sounds great $105.00 for the for the full class and they supply the gun and ammo, plus they are on the southside.
Thanks again
FL

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:15am - Jan 9,14 
FishinLectrician, where's Security Training Center's range? Blue Island?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:10pm - Jan 9,14 
Bulldawg wrote:
FishinLectrician, where's Security Training Center's range? Blue Island?

I think thats Beverly or Morgan Park...even though website says Chicago...Its not far south enough to be Blue Island

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Game Bag » Guns, Slugs, Shot, & Black Powder
Jump to: