Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:15am - Jan 3,13 
I guess the stealth helo's have just landed eh!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:18am - Jan 3,13 
I listened to a live stream from the "public health committee" last night where it passed onto the Senate floor for a 3rd reading today with all of it's amendments.
While there will not be a complete ban you will be required to register any guns covered by the ban with the state which covers just about everything but maybe revolvers, break barrels, certain bolt actions and black powder guns. You will be required to show proof of ownership to be "grandfathered in" if you could even call it that.
It was repeatedly said that this is a "first step". I can only surmise that the second step would be to use the registration list to confiscated all banned weapons.
If you look at the bill as first submitted by the house it was a well intentioned bill to keep sexual criminals off the street. It was morphed into this full out attack on our second amendment rights by the Senate. Mainly Noland of Elgin and Moooooonuoz of Chitcago.
Time to burn up the phone lines.
Link to the bill and it's amendments HB1263

Tom

Last edited by DeSoto on 11:26am - Jan 3,13, edited 1 time in total.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:40am - Jan 3,13 
DeSoto wrote:
If you look at the bill as first submitted by the house it was a well intentioned bill to keep sexual criminals off the street. It was morphed into this full out attach on our second amendment rights by the Senate. Mainly Noland of Elgin and Moooooonuoz of Chitcago.
Tom

This is a favorite of politicians. They title a bill something like Ohh I don't know "The child protection act/data retention Bill" because who doesn't want to protect children right? What kind of sick person wouldn't want to do that right? So we'll place the wording of an unpopular bill let's say SOPA or Gun control right in that sucker and it breezes right through. I'm sorry this may seem like a political statement (against site policy so I understand if it gets pulled) but until we the people start watching carefully we are going to continue to have crap like this and the fiscal cliff debacle over and over again and why can't we? We have access to more information than ever before. Read, call, vote!!!

AND just to stir the pot a little more. I don't see why a man needs a 60 round clip for his automatic gun to go along with his RPG launcher; however, I am a true believer of "When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns". Ok gotta go find me a rant site so I can continue this... :oops:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:11am - Jan 3,13 
Here is the posting from ISRA

SPECIAL ALERT UPDATE– YOUR ACTION REQUIRED SENATE COMMITTEE APPROVES BILLS TO RUN RANGES OUT OF BUSINESS AND BAN 80% OF YOUR GUNS

MESSAGE FROM COMMITTEE DEMOCRATS: “Eliminating law-abiding gun owners is a good ‘first step’ towards a ‘civil society.’”
Votes on HB815 and HB1263 were split along party lines in the Senate Public Health Committee Wednesday night with the committee Democrats voting 6-4 and 6-3 to send the bills to the full senate. If these two bills become law, they will resulting most, if not all ranges in the state going out of business as well as the banning of ALL semiautomatic rifles, pistols and shotguns as well as banning all pump shotguns and rifles.

In comments made during testimony, committee Democrats stated plainly that HB815 and HB1263 were “first steps” and that these bills have as their objective the creation of a “more civil society.” In other words, elimination of lawful gun owners is a required first step for creating a more civil society. Of course, there was no mention of the impact of eliminating criminals.

HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO ON THURSDAY:

1. Call Senator Dave Syverson at (217) 782-5413 and tell him “THANK YOU” for supporting lawful gun owners by voting “NO” on HB815 and HB1263.

2. Call Senator Shane Cultra at (217) 782-6597 and tell him “THANK YOU” for supporting lawful gun owners by voting “NO” on HB815 and HB1263.

3. Call Senator Christine Johnson at (217) 782-1977 and tell her “THANK YOU” for supporting lawful gun owners by voting “NO” on HB815 and HB1263.

4. Call Senator Carole Pankau at (217) 782-9463 and tell her “THANK YOU” for supporting lawful gun owners by voting “NO” on HB815 and HB1263.

It is very important that you praise these Senators for their support.

The ringleader of the effort to shut down shooting ranges and take your guns away from you is Senator Dan Kotowski. You may wish to call him at (217) 782-3875 and politely explain to him that, as a law-abiding gun owner, you do not appreciate being treated like a criminal and that you oppose any efforts to regulate shooting ranges, ban semiautomatic firearms, or ban standard capacity magazines.

Posted Wed Jan 2 22:29:34 CST 2013

URGENT ALERT – BAN ON GUN RANGES AND BAN ON ALL SEMIAUTOMATIC FIREARMS ON THE MOVE IN THE ILLINOIS SENATE
YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

A pair of nightmare bills is on the move at this moment in the Illinois Senate.

These two bills would:

1. Run all gun ranges out of business by imposing heavy fees, imposing special staffing requirements, warrantless searches of ranges and customers, unlimited unannounced “inspections.”

2. Ban all semi-automatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns as well as pump action shotguns.

Here are direct links to the two bills:

"http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=09700HB0815sam001&GA=97&SessionId=84&DocTypeId=HB&LegID=56601&DocNum=0815&GAID=11&Session="

and

"http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=09700HB1263sam005&GA=97&SessionId=84&DocTypeId=HB&LegID=57242&DocNum=1263&GAID=11&Session="

EITHER OF THESE TWO BILLS WOULD END YOUR GUN RIGHTS ENTIRELY

HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO PROTECT YOUR GUN RIGHTS.

1. Follow the instructions below and contact your Illinois State Senator. Politely tell your senator that you are a law-abiding gun owner and you want them to vote AGAINST HB815 and HB1263. CALL NOW!

2. Pass this information on to your gun owning friends and family, tell them to call as well.

3. Post this alert to all Internet blogs and bulletin boards to which you belong.

The worst of the two bills, HB815 is being sponsored and pushed by anti-gun Senator Dan Kotowski. Go to his link: http://www.ilga.gov/senate/senator.asp? ... berID=1724 Call him at the numbers listed and tell him that you do not appreciate him trying to shut down gun ranges and taking your guns away from you. He needs to hear from you!

Posted Wed Jan 2 21:17:56 CST 2013

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:26pm - Jan 3,13 
Here is what you need to do asap, they go to committee meetings at 11 follow this link and create a witness slip, you will be recorded in the meeting as being opposed Under Firm and Title just put NA unless you represent some sort of group, Under Persons in the representation section, put your name. At the end, you want to click record of appearance only. We have killed bills in committe before with witness slips, let's do it again. I know its a little late but still helps to show you oppose it.

http://my.ilga.gov/Hearing/HearingDe...=1357221355842

The Bills we are opposing are 815 and 1263

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:22pm - Jan 3,13 
On the radio, the bill stalled. Not enough votes.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:33am - Jan 4,13 
So far we have dodged that bullet although we are not yet out of the woods. These bills can again be brought up and voted on in the lame duck session until Tues. Keep your eyes & ears open.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:51pm - Jan 5,13 
They couldn't get it done in the Senate...so now they are trying it in the House. They gutted a Senate bill and replaced it with the same language the house used in their shenanigans.
Fill out a witness to stop the gun grab in committee tomorrow.
http://my.ilga.gov/Hearing/HearingDetail/10395?HWeeklyCommittees-page=1&HWeeklyCommittees-orderBy&HWeeklyCommittees-filter&chamber=H&_=1357346950722

Tom

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:01pm - Jan 5,13 
DeSoto wrote:
They couldn't get it done in the Senate...so now they are trying it in the House. They gutted a Senate bill and replaced it with the same language the house used in their shenanigans.
Fill out a witness to stop the gun grab in committee tomorrow.
http://my.ilga.gov/Hearing/HearingDetail/10395?HWeeklyCommittees-page=1&HWeeklyCommittees-orderBy&HWeeklyCommittees-filter&chamber=H&_=1357346950722

Tom

Question I dont see either bill on that link ? is it under a different # ?? thanks..

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:42pm - Jan 5,13 
This is for SB2899 house amendment 1 but I cant file witness slip for amendment only the original bill.

http://ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.as ... 1&Session=

Last edited by crappiekid on 05:49pm - Jan 5,13, edited 1 time in total.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:47pm - Jan 5,13 
Done, I want this BS of trying to take my guns away behind me......

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:08pm - Jan 5,13 
I've realized some refuse to believe that corruption is real and would rather just call others crazy for believing the truth no matter what. As if that makes the truth go away....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:18pm - Jan 5,13 
It's too bad that anyone who has been treated for mental health and drug addiction are getting the redefining in HB1237 too. We are talking about post partum, depression, mild bipolar, phobias etc. The hospital is lined out to include doctors clinics, office dedicated to mental health, evaluation, etc. They do not want anyone not "normal" to have an FOID. So if you are taking prozac or celexa and depressed your doctor will be turning you in by law.
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltex ... =&Session=

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:40am - Jan 6,13 
I normally stay out of these conversations but let my elected officials know how I feel. I don't believe that our politicians are thinking very clearly this time and may be stirring up a hornets nest.

Here's a a link to an open letter.....from one of our Marines.

http://news.yahoo.com/gun-owners-push-b ... 43517.html

Gun owners push back: a former Marine's letter to Dianne Feinstein

Sen. Dianne Feinstein is proposing an assault weapons ban, but many Americans are ready to defend the Second Amendment at all costs. A former Marines open letter provides a window into the heated debate taking place.

Here's a quote that pretty much drives it home

Quote:
Addressing Feinstein directly, Mr. Boston, who served tours in Afghanistan and Iraq, says he'll refuse to register his weapons and writes, "You ma'am have overstepped a line that is not your domain."

"I am not your subject," he continues. "I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant."

Support Staff

Post Posted: 08:58am - Jan 6,13 
BigB wrote:
Quinn is such a coward.

This quote defines the term "spot on."

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:19am - Jan 6,13 
A bit long, but a good read that addresses concerns on both sides of the room.

http://1389blog.com/2012/12/23/larry-co ... nd-for-all

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:51am - Jan 6,13 
Thanks for posting that Mike, great read!

I think this is a outstanding paragraph, it illustrates just how much of this is BS and propaganda:

Quote:
And then comes up that pesky problem. The US banned assault rifles once before for a decade and the law did absolutely nothing. I mean, it was totally, literally pointless. The special commission to study it said that it accomplished absolutely nothing. (except tick a bunch of Americans off, and as a result we bought a TON more guns) And the reason was that since assault weapon is a nonsense term, they just came up with a list of arbitrary features which made a gun into an assault weapon.

And they did it again. My wife and I were just at Cabela's and the gun counter was three deep. You have to take a number now and wait to have someone help you, it's like the deli counter at Jewel.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:00pm - Jan 6,13 
The bill is dead now. I knew it had zero chance of progressing.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:59am - Jan 7,13 
This bill and others are still very much alive. Rahm Emanuel and Chicago police chief Garry McCarthy along with governor Quinn are working feverishly to get something (anything) passed during the lame duck session which has until wednesday to end. At this point it looks as if there will NOT be enough support to pass any bill. Part of the reason the governor is so involved is to direct attention away from his abysmal handling of other state affairs. However please continue to contact your local representatives and let them know if you are a responsible gun owner and that we do not need any further restrictions on gun ownership. Do not be disillusioned by those that would mislead you by saying that "All is ok and the bill(s) is/are dead.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:06am - Jan 7,13 
Thanks for all the superb input fellas! This is and will be a continuing battle I'm sure. I want my children and grandchildren and all decent citizens to be safe and giving up our rights to protect ourselves is ludicrous.

I am passing on a lot of this good information to "get it out there". The uninformed public and these uninformed politicians have to know the real facts. Hopefully out of over 1100 views many of these readers have called/written their representatives on all levels.

Bruce

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Game Bag » Guns, Slugs, Shot, & Black Powder
Jump to: