Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:47am - Jan 2,13 
Rumor has it that Cullerton along with Quinn are going to propose a new gun control law TODAY! The new law may make it illegal to own ANY semi auto or pump gun. Kiss goodby your 10/22 or your 1911 and your Rem. 870 etc. etc. Supposedly this gun ban will Not have a grandfathers clause attached to it. If this goes through you can instantly become a criminal by just not turning in your private property to government confiscation! Call your representatives today and tell them to vote NO. Please be polite but firm.

Who is John Galt?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:01am - Jan 2,13 
They won't have room to house all the criminals they will make with a Nazi style gun grab.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:58am - Jan 2,13 
More prisons mean more government employees means more money to.................$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Call your representatives it's important!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:02pm - Jan 2,13 
This is post is nonsense.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:28pm - Jan 2,13 
It could very well be, I'm not sure of the info as I'm only repeating what I got from the ISRA who usually know what they'ry talking about. Please correct me if it's bad information (which it could be ) if thats not what you meant by nonsense please explian in more detail.

Who is John Galt?

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 02:29pm - Jan 2,13 
they can have mine when they can pry it from my cold dead hands
dd

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:36pm - Jan 2,13 
Yeah I think I smell the BS but hey this is Illinois so who knows?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:55pm - Jan 2,13 
Rumor has it this is a dumb post.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 03:10pm - Jan 2,13 
TD, I got the same email from the isra and a couple of other guys. Then the news did report this morning that cullerton was proposing an assault weapons ban in the next couple of days.

Last edited by sylboat on 04:03pm - Jan 2,13, edited 1 time in total.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:19pm - Jan 2,13 
Well since I hear the goverments stealth helo's outside my window at night and I know they are tapping my phone lines and internet connections I better call my rep now!
Damn good post, I thought I was the only crazy one one left on this planet :)
I have the feeling that this will be locked in less then 2 hours when the sain people of this forum get home from work and read this BS, but that is only a rumor and we should call our rep since we have his ear and not the millionaires and the big oil companies.
But that is again only a rumor.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:41pm - Jan 2,13 
I haven't heard of this yet, but this would make millions of guns illegal in the state of Illinois and anywhere south of Chicago would be insane because I don't know one person that is going to voluntarily turn in their hunting guns. They would have to call in the national gaurd to enforce this law. It would not be pretty if it was passed and I can't see how it could even be considered in only two days. Trying to sneak a bill through during the lame duck period. Quinn is such a coward.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:14pm - Jan 2,13 
To mattbassman & mplant, maybe I'm just an uninformed silly minded poopy head, but Illinois is well know as a gunhating state and it would not surprise me at all if they tried this. Just got the same notice from the NRA as well. Looks like our upstanding and honorable governor and his boys are going to try to sneak this through. We'll see come monday, or maybe they'll back-off and compromise and only confiscate black colored or really mean looking guns.
If we don't hang together we'll surly hang alone.

Who is John Galt?

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 06:40pm - Jan 2,13 
Starting today and I think through Jan 9th is the lame duck session.

Lame duck sessions are when sneaky, crappy, underhanded, screw the people type legislation gets passed.

They grab the retirees and those who lost their seats for votes on the legislation because they have nothing to loose as they are out after the lame duck session and there can be no backlash from the voters.

Put another way, last chance to screw the pooch!

Since this is llinois, I would not put it past them to try.

After all, we are only 93 billion in the hole but yet they find time to pass shark fin and eating road kill legislation. :shock

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:33pm - Jan 2,13 
Don't underestimate the most corrupt politicians, that reside in the most corrupt state in the country....piercing the cheddar curtain has its advantages :sgt ....I wont be calling your representatives... :bear....or applying for a FOI card....ever. :gun

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:22pm - Jan 2,13 
No foil hats required boys.
Here is the full text of the bill as it passed out of the "public health committee" tonight. :scared

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=09700HB1263sam005&GA=97&SessionId=84&DocTypeId=HB&LegID=57242&DocNum=1263&GAID=11&Session

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:49pm - Jan 2,13 
It looks like this proposal has made it to many of the Illinois and midwest hunting forums, which in turn is going to get a lot of people calling their representatives. Plus, many of the politicians south of Chicago hunt so they will be pretty upset about this and give it their all to make sure that they are voicing their opinions for this vote. I don't think this one will play out the way Quinn wants it to, at least I hope. Heck, there are counties in other parts of the state that say they won't inforce the carry and conceal law because they are opposed to it, I can't imagine the backlash of this.

I also don't understand why people posts comments in forums that don't concern them. If they proposed a law to ban boats (just an example) because they were the cause of 736 deaths in 2009 I wouldn't go making comments to offend boaters and people who fish off of boats. Seems like there are a few people on here who don't want to support their fellow outdoorsmen.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:14pm - Jan 2,13 
The proposed law is REAL and dangerous. Do everything you can do to fight it's issuance. And yes there are those on sportsmens sites such as this that live in a world of fiction and love to post things just to "stir the pot" so to speak !

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:12pm - Jan 2,13 
It looks like the only ones that made it through to vote were the banning of clips over 10 rounds and Military Style Assault rifles (but who knows what that means). That's just what I heard from voting. We'll have to see what develops over the next couple days. Since they are trying to slip through the cracks this has to be done by the 9th. Just make sure to tell your friends, family, co-workers. The more people that know what Quinn is trying to do the better.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:18am - Jan 3,13 
BigB wrote:
It looks like this proposal has made it to many of the Illinois and midwest hunting forums, which in turn is going to get a lot of people calling their representatives. Plus, many of the politicians south of Chicago hunt so they will be pretty upset about this and give it their all to make sure that they are voicing their opinions for this vote. I don't think this one will play out the way Quinn wants it to, at least I hope. Heck, there are counties in other parts of the state that say they won't inforce the carry and conceal law because they are opposed to it, I can't imagine the backlash of this.

I also don't understand why people posts comments in forums that don't concern them. If they proposed a law to ban boats (just an example) because they were the cause of 736 deaths in 2009 I wouldn't go making comments to offend boaters and people who fish off of boats. Seems like there are a few people on here who don't want to support their fellow outdoorsmen.

Yep agree 100% ^

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:52am - Jan 3,13 
The bill goes to the full state senate next. Last nite there was a short 15 second blurb on some news channels saying it was to ban guns with 10 round clips and some semi-autos. However the full text of the law trying to get passed is much, much greater. One of the very dangerous parts of the bill is the part that states those rifles/shotguns with pistol grips should be banned. Here's a flash, ALL rifles and shotguns have some form of "pistol grip" element to them. This is a VERY dangerous 1st step law to take away our 2nd amendment rights !

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Game Bag » Guns, Slugs, Shot, & Black Powder
Jump to: