Author
Search for:
Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 11:33am - Dec 14,12 
does anyone have any idea what criterea i have to meet to be legal when this all plays out? is there a class i should take now? i would hope that one of our better informed brothers could let us know what we need to do now to be ready when?
dd

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:52am - Dec 14,12 
Contact "Gat Guns" or Illinois Gun Works" and ask about the CC courses they offer. I wouldn't be in any great hurry though. It will probably be a looooong time after the 180 days timeline that's proposed. I'm sure the polititions in Illinois and primarily Chicago will come up with something. They will undoubtedly bog it down with court proposals and other nonsensical ideas. And I would bet my life there will be some sort of tax(s) associated with final approval if that EVER happens. Good luck.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:29pm - Dec 14,12 
Also assuming the politicians will be unlikely to accept other states carry permits and will require a special training course specifically for Illinois. That will probably end up costing an arm and a leg too.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:47pm - Dec 14,12 
^^ second that, best off waiting to see if they choose to follow the other states. you can always go and get a utah permit but if illinois chooses to make their own laws then you are out the money and time spent to get the utah one

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:13pm - Dec 14,12 
NYC has cc. It costs a ton of money and is a big pain in the neck involving multiple govt offices/locations. Being that this is Chicago one can expect a cc permit to be twice as expensive than anywhere else in the country. The Chicago way!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:22pm - Dec 14,12 
I wouldn't get your hopes up.

My money is on IL adopting restrictive "may Issue" policy for CCW similar to New Jersey or Maryland where issuing authorities are directed to deny most or all applications. This is is a step in the right direction, but I don't think any of us will be carrying any time soon in IL.

I hope I'm wrong.

Board index » Game Bag » Guns, Slugs, Shot, & Black Powder
Jump to: