Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:07am - Nov 5,12 
Chitowners, I am looking to pick-up a Ruger Redhawk for Deer Season. I know the .44 Magnum is a heavy grain cartridge. Does anyone out there or has anyone mounted a scope on there .44 Magnum. I dont want to go with something cheap that will not handle the recoil.

I searched google and there isnt really any true answers on forums. Could someone give me some guidance.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:09pm - Nov 5,12 
hi. ive got one of these on one of those!! i must say that my ruger is for personal protection from bear, boar and wolf attack and ive not used it for deer hunting, but if you get a nikon i think you will like it!! one of the best optics for the money without paying for a better known name!!

http://www.nikonhunting.com/products/ri ... s/force-xr
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Nikon-Fo ... l+Products

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:53pm - Nov 5,12 
Boomerang thanks for the reply. The Nikon is right around what I was looking to pay also. Im sure it will handle the recoil of a .44 Magnum Load.

Now just to shop around to try to find a Stainless Scope instead of the Matte Black.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:55pm - Nov 5,12 
Colt Realtree .44 Anaconda came with factory mounted Redfield scope & is great combo. I didn't price the difference in Redfield v Nikon but if it's good enough for a factory Colt...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:23pm - Nov 5,12 
Jack Weigand mounts are rock solid.

http://www.jackweigand.com/Ruger-Redhaw ... Drill.html

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:11pm - Nov 5,12 
try megasports in plainfield. i spoke with them searching for optics for the same gun you referred to and they sid they had a couple nikon (silver) on hand. I believe 300$.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:43am - Nov 6,12 
Thanks Guys. I am close to Mega Sports and might take a ride there this weekend. I refuse to deal with those jack-A**es at JR Shooting Sports just because of there overall attitude and poor costumer service. Plus there firearm prices are really high compared to the other competitiors out there.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:30pm - Nov 9,12 
google pistol scopes, I'm considering putting optics on my 629 S&W, also for deer hunting. This will be my 1st time hunting deer.
Just recently purchased a chest rig (holster) for this hand cannon but it wont work with a scope....
Deluxe problems, Eh? LOL

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:43pm - Nov 9,12 
Ssgtusmc wrote:
I refuse to deal with those jack-A**es at JR Shooting Sports just because of there overall attitude and poor costumer service. Plus there firearm prices are really high compared to the other competitiors out there.

Amen to that!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:33pm - Nov 11,12 
X2 Got my blood boiling just seeing their name. Sucks that they're about 1 mile from work yet I drive all the way down to Plainfield to shoot. Sorry, back to subject": I have the leupold silver handgun scope 2X? on my Anaconda and like it alot. JR's wanted to charge me $50.00 to mount it, did it at home for free.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:13am - Nov 12,12 
Team Danjer I feel your pain. I live 1.5 miles from JR's. I refuse to use there range or even buy anything from there. I just recently left active duty from the Marine Corps that I did 10 years. All I did was hunt and fish on my off time. Plus being Military I know my weapons.

Anyways Scopes.

Im going with the Nikon Stainless 2X. I ordered the Weaver Mount from Weigand.com and from the looks at the video all is required is a punch set and a screw driver. I save the money and do it myself and bore sight it myself also.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:37am - Nov 12,12 
Well good luck with your set-up, I've got a Redhawk too and really like it. Hope all goes well.
Thank You for your service.

Board index » Game Bag » Guns, Slugs, Shot, & Black Powder
Jump to: