Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:40pm - Apr 3,12 
Always wanted to get a 1911 pistol,and opted for the PT 1911 Taurus.Heard and read many reviews,still went ahead and picked up this one in stainless ,and .45 ACP. Took it out once ,put about 80 rounds through it.All I can say is ,quite impressed with the pistol,no feed or ejection problems,not so proud of my shooting ability,as I was shooting low and to the right?

I felt like Don Knotts out there,shakiest gun in the west! Oh well ,need more practice, as I feel the accuracy problem was all me,not the pistol.Purchased the gun at a local dealer,not one of the big box stores. Added a set of Pacymayr Grips. By the way I was using 230grain Winchester roundnose,I may try a little more upscale loads maybe in 185 grain,see how it acts.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:55pm - Apr 3,12 
Congratulations! I'm sure you'll love it! Try a couple of different kinds and loads of ammo and you might find one that hits more where you're pointing.
GOOD LUCK & Enjoy!

Who is John Galt?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:21pm - Apr 3,12 
Well,I really wasn't that bad as this:

Been reading as much info as I can find on proper grip,trigger control,etc, but the real fun is the practice anyways,thanks for your comments!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:58pm - Apr 3,12 
Low and to the right hits are pretty common with right handed shooters, it's the squeeze /pull on the trigger. Also with the anticipation of the recoil which .45 acp has plenty of.
Try using the pad of your trigger finger and not the 1st joint. How is the trigger on that Taurus? Crisp, like breaking glass? After getting a Wilson Combat 1911 I got a trigger job on my Kimber which I thought was great until I shot the WC.
A brother-in-law has a Ed Brown (about $2500) and it makes my WC feel like, well let's
just say it's better

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:22pm - Apr 3,12 
Very nice. I own a colt in 38 super cal. I've had it for about 10 years. It shoots very nice and has never jamed. Have not shot it for a while, I want to say a couple of years. Got to get it to the range soon.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:11pm - Apr 4,12 
Well I too just got my first 1911. I have owned many guns in many calibers but never the 1911 untill two months ago. A guy at work knew I was an FFL and asked if i knew someone who would buy his gun. I asked him what he had and he said some kind of .45 i said I'd be interrested in it. So we met up after work and he pulled this 1911A1 out of a gym bag. I was shocked. I asked him where he got it and he said his dad had it for years and gave it to him. Well what he had was a Remington Rand 1911A1 built in 1943 for the US Army for WWII.I hadn't even held it and I said I'll take it. I couldn't help it but I was excited. He saw my reaction and asked "Is this thing worth something?" I told him yes to the right guy. Long story short we worked out a deal that we were both happy about and I became a proud owner of a Classic 1911A1. I would put a pic or 2 up but since the change over what 2 years ago I can't do it so if someone can I'd glady share it with everyone. These things are just awesome!!! I have now become a 1911 junkie and have been looking into my next purchase. Only problem is it's easier to hide the $400 -$600 guns from the wife ( I now hate that I got her into shooting because I get busted all the time!!) than the $1000+ ones.
Jakesmith wait until you get to adding parts and tricking this and that out and messing with the trigger and the sights and well you get the point. 1911's are cool and fun but best of all they ARE the reason we have one of the best sayings of all time!!!

Cock Locked and Ready to Rock!!!

Have fun stay safe and practice practice practice.

Board index » Game Bag » Guns, Slugs, Shot, & Black Powder
Jump to: