Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:51pm - Jan 8,17 
Just have a question if anyone has shot or owns this franchi was wondering about reviews, easy to take apart clean, good in field etc or if you would recommend stoeger 3500? Any help is appreciated..

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:18pm - Mar 26,17 
I just bough a 12ga/28" franchi and it was fairly simple to take apart. Just make sure if you take the bolt apart to cover the firing pin when you pull the firing pin retaining pin, I had mine shoot out and hit my glasses, would've been my eye otherwise.

To me the stoeger feels cheap, I didn't like how the stock felt in my hands, and I don't like that it sounds hollow when you knock on it. It might just be me that says that but it's my gun I was buying and that was something I didn't like. For a little bit more money the franchi seemed like a better choice. From what I read they come out of the same factory the Benelli's do where as the Stoeger's don't. look up Franchi Affinity vs. Benelli M2 on YouTube. It should be the first video, and I found it very helpful for me to make the decision, I was going between the M2 and the franchi though.

Now if you wanted the 3.5" shell capability look at the Franchi Intensity not the affinity. The difference is that the intensity can take a 3.5" shell and is a half pound heavier, for the 12ga/28" at least, the intensity is going to be about $100 more than the Affinity.

I think you get the same 3 choke tubes (IC, M, F) with all three guns mentioned.

I have talked to others who own Benelli's and they have not had any issues in the field, I mention them because the franchi and stoeger basically use the same inertia driven recoil system that the Benelli uses.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 07:58pm - Mar 27,17 
I got the Stoeger 3500 and very pleased with the gun, geese on the other hand don't like it at all.
Shoots good and never had a jam in the 3 years running all kinds of loads through it. Shim kit that comes with it is a nice touch, but I did not need it. Came with tubes but I wanted a special full choke that I brought separately. Grip cap came off and got lost on one of the hunts, when I asked about purchasing another they sent me one out free. I got the black due to cost and don't regret it. Always had a hard time going away from wood to the synthetics, and now I kinda like it better for performance. Miss a good walnut oil finish and sharp checkering though. Show guns don't fare well in the pits though either.

Board index » Game Bag » Guns, Slugs, Shot, & Black Powder
Jump to: