Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:22am - Dec 17,19 
Hello and thanks in advance. I've been looking into portable tree stands and have talked to some people claiming these sling type/cradle harness tree stands are far superior than Hang-on or Climber stands. Curious to hear from anyone who has used one and/or owns one. Thanks!

Last edited by thewatsonator on 04:58pm - Dec 17,19, edited 1 time in total.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:49pm - Dec 17,19 
I had one, I didn't like it. For long sits it was not comfortable, the strap made noise on the bark of the tree if you moved to much so if a deer comes in facing you and passes on your right you have little chance of moving to shoot it, you have to put steps in to stand on and they were not always positioned correctly if you move at all. Its been a few years so maybe they are better now???? I've used climbers as well and they are pretty good but my best set up was a Lone Wolf hanging stand with their climbing sticks.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:18am - Dec 18,19 
I have a trophyline saddle and like it, typically pair with three lone wolf sticks and a small seat-sized foot platform. I prefer this setup over the stand and sticks, but prefer my lone wolf climber over this set up if I know there are plenty of climbable trees in the area. I killed to does out of the setup this year, pretty cool.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:43am - Dec 18,19 
There is a website/forum called "thehuntingbeast.com" that I would check out. A lot of them like tree saddles and use them often. Search the forums and you'll have an endless amount of reading. Most do prefer the run and gun set up with a hang on and sticks, most guys can really get those compacted down really well.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:14pm - Dec 18,19 
Thanks all, i'll definitely chekc out that site. Are sticks necessary with the saddle? I thought there was a brand in which sticks were not necessary and the saddle and the rope just hoist you up. Maybe not though.

Since this was my first year, i never had the ability to scout out public land. Accessibility will be key, so i suppose next year when i scout i can find trees that can use a climber. However, for convenience sake, it sounds like a saddle can take you up almost any tree and is more light weight.

Board index » Game Bag » Antlers
Jump to: