Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:40am - Aug 6,18 
It looks like Illinois just released their single either sex application for those of you who are interested.

https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/Do ... ember1.pdf

Note: It seems like every year someone gets confused about this tag. You can still buy your archery deer tags over the counter but as many of you know, you can't buy and either sex tag by itself, you all required to purchase a antlerless tag too. This is for those people who only want to shoot one deer a year, regardless if its a buck or doe, this is a good alternative. That or you want to have a second buck tag in case you happen to shoot a 150" buck and a 180" buck comes in 10 minutes later. That hasn't happened to me quite yet but want to be ready if it does!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:26am - Aug 14,18 
Mailed my application out yesterday, thanks!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:10pm - Aug 16,18 
thanks!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:53pm - Aug 16,18 
It's worth it for me to just pay the $10 for the extra combo tag over the counter. Especially knowing that money goes directly to DNR and not to a political slush fund.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:02am - Aug 17,18 
Bobba Down wrote:
It's worth it for me to just pay the $10 for the extra combo tag over the counter. Especially knowing that money goes directly to DNR and not to a political slush fund.

It was always a toss up for me but now instead of buying 6 licenses I only need to get 5 and the max I will fill is two total. Plus, the IDNR did its best to eliminate this license because they wanted more revenue but was told it had to keep it because of a law (I believe) so now I like to make advantage of it because of that. Thats why you can only get it via mail in rather than over the counter. I really only get it because because I'm hoping the time will come will two 150" plus bucks walk out in front of me in one sit and I have tags for both. I don't see myself shooting more than one doe in a season so no reason to get 4 doe tags (3 if I get two sets of archery tags, set of gun).

Board index » Game Bag » Antlers
Jump to: